I think we need a "Why won't my 50cc scooter to eleventy billion KPH?" sticky thread...

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by Merlin, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    OK, so I may have exaggerated a touch with the figures there. :p What I mean is to maybe filter out a lot of the noob questions, would it be a good idea to put together the most asked questions into one post and make it a sticky?

Things like "What's the maximum speed I can reasonably expect through de-restricting my 50cc scooter?", then move into variators, rollers, carbs, clutches, oil pumps, spark plugs, CDI units and exhausts, debunking some urban myths and giving some sound advice to new members.

What do you think? Discuss...

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Cool idea.!.,
    If you're starting one off,heres my suggestion for 1st post,after a little brainstorm amongst the techy and layman savvy. ;) .
    #1. Start to finish guide for basic de-restriction/ as a prepper .
    #2.Sub-section's to explain area of tuning with stuff like how it works inconjunction as a whole.
    #3.50-70 in 10 easy steps.:) .
    #4.legal ramifacations.
    #5.can't think of more (had'nt hadmy coffee yet).

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    heres my answers for them -
    1. your a idiot. they havent even made a car that does eleventy billion KPH yet so dont expect there to be a scooter.
    2. want speed? how much you got to spend ?
    3. if you want fast wait until your 25, do DAS AND GET A FUCKING SUPERBIKE !
    4. your still a idiot.

Merlin and Mark Emerson Trentham like this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    THIS MAN WILL NEVER!!!!,
    get a job as a UN Peace Ambassador,ha ha ha. :D .

Merlin and scootzmadness like this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Jeez, you're a tough crowd in here. aren't you? :D

scootzmadness likes this.
  6. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    plus whats the point in making such a sticky thread when they wont even bother looking! theyll still post guarenteed. im off to go write angry thoughts on my blog.

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    That's a fair point - it's easier to bleat PLZ HELP ME!!! than it is to read a sticky with all of the information they need. It's not my fault they only have a span of attention in nanoseconds, is it?

8. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    wasnt having a go, was just saying that they cant be arsed looking at the existing threads that there already is, they just go straight up to posting, a good idea but doubt anyone here really has the time to go through all that typing etc either

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Yep,
    half of em can't be b.....d watching a bit of common-sense on occasion,
    shame really.......
    starting to think valium reading "pwweeease help".

10. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    think its a good idea.one on case mods porting think would be good too.lots of pics and tips for better reliability.still having a good time out here.

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    :eek:!!!!!!!!,
    You have to wait till your 25? to get a superbike now.???????. .

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    dunno, i just think that thats a sensible age if theyre asking dumb questions like that.
    im getting my 600 this year :)

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Suppose it must just be the times sadly and the mentality they've conformed people into thinking what's acceptable,
    when I was knocking about otr during my pre full licence,that woulda horrified riders as it's the equivalent of taking away 8 whole years of personal choice / cause back then you could go full on 17/18..........

scootzmadness likes this.
  14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Quite true, but look at how many kids got killed after they passed their test back then.
    Going from a 50 to an 1100 was stupid, the power, response, the inexperience and inability of youth to manage something so utterly different from what they were used to. It was inevitable that loads would kill themselves.

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Back how far are they to go,before they nick all our personal choices.?.,
    sad reaity.but its war out there an there will always unfortuneatly be casualties.:( .,
    Not everyones the same in their actions-
    it's what makes it worthwhile opening your eyes in the morning,
    waving a wand over a select group,by essentially calling them all! a bunch of irresponsible idiots is denegrating and demeaning-
    how's that go for people progressing in life.if you're continuallly coming under threat of re-striction,due to the behaviour of others.......

garthtax likes this.
  16. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    yes but and this is coming from a 19 year old, what the goverment wanted to do was restrict certain ages to certain size engines so that we would slowly work our way up instead of just jumping straight onto a hayabusa or something equally as stupid the day after we passed, whilst the 33bhp restriction worked for some, they knew that as soon as it was inspected to make sure restriction was there, the restrictors were being taken out. but with the new laws which i think whilst they may put us on slower bikes for longer is actually a good idea. make people who want to ride bikes work theyre way up, that way they know how to handle a bike with so much power/are kind of used to the power. i was going to work my way up power wise anyway but i think its a good way of making others do it too without too many people getting killed.
    call it goverment control or whatever else you want and people on here will probably disagree but we dont want 17 year old tommy going out and jumping on a gixxer thou and killing himself do we ?

17. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    But what I was saying in a way,
    not every 17 yr.tommy's a complete d..k. ;) .

garthtax likes this.
  18. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    i know what youre saying there mark but every 17 yr old tommy with a 1200cc bike at one point or another WILL open the throttle up even if they are sensible. been there done that. the law has changed for the better in my eyes, although it would be better if 17/18 yr olds could ride atleast a 250cc instead of being stuck on a 125

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    True........,
    Endbit's dead-on. :) .,
    when I started riding,was never really interested in bigger bikes,an in a way.still.,
    this point is interesting in comparison as ago did'nt want,but could-
    but if it was now,wanted.yet can't,times change.:(.

20. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Personally, i would like to see the speed restriction lifted off 50cc scooters. Instead of a maximum speed of 30, they should have a maximum speed of 40. And leave the rest of the law as it is.

Gemma, showaddydadito, Merlin and 2 others like this.