I know it's not a scoot but...

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by George, Nov 24, 2006.

1. George

George New Member

Honda CBRs, do they have any common faults or anything? Because i see alot on ebay that are a year or less old and they're not too expensive, and i'm quite interested in them.

Cheers.

2. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    not really. there 4 stroke so quite sluggish. if looked after there reliable

silly skinny wheels and the bikes just seems small

3. George

George New Member

Really? I might be going to look at one today, 2005, 700 miles. With some tax i believe, looking for about ?1,500 for it

4. abz

abz Member

if its a cbr125 THERE CRAP they dont go buy a rs125 my mates got a cbr125 and he hates it

5. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'm sayin theres not much between a cbr and an rs overall. the cbr is slow but the rs is unreliable.

the cbr125 is basically a cg 125 motor so it will probably outlive the owner and its a better bike to commute on, wheras the RS is higly strung, will pull 120mph with the powervalve kit but needs a piston every 6000 miles if you want to keep on top of it.

the cbr will pull 80 mph and isn't that slow accelerating, it makes riding more manageable because you really have to work an rs to get it to go, once off the powerband, granny in her metro will outdo you off the lights.

6. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

The biggest prob with them is that Honda put a petrol tank and an engine in the step-thru bit! :mrgreen:

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
  8. GeorGE Black Rider

GeorGE Black Rider Member

Well,This scooter-motorcycle hibrids,in general have RIDICULOUS thin wheels and tires (almost to a mountain bike thickness),INCREDIBLE thin fork (bycicles,even more so,mountain bike or even "wanna be's" have double thicker forks) and is very short.
    I am 1.92m and was enought to STAND near one and see it's way too close from the seat.
    I like upper riding positions,but this is RIDICULOUS.

Also ... Anything under 400 cc (my opinion) 4 stroke is DEAAAADLY SLOW with the ones under 125 (more so on scooters) beeing unrideably slow and sluggish.

Many of this are explained by being a scooter with the step-thru beeing filled.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

totally agree there, i find after riding bikes with more than one cylinder, that anything under 400cc and single cylinder is slow, it feels like you are changing gear all the time. i took a few new KTM dukes for a test ride (the whole range actually, 125, 390, 690 and 1290) and the single cylinder ones, although fun, felt just gutless...
    sure a RS125 is a fast 125, but thats because its made to be, its essentially a race engine that they put in a bike then limited down to make legal on the streets, the 4 stroke 125s are all made for 1 purpose, to be cheap transport, sure over the years they have got more "sporty" but they havent changed much in recent years....

GeorGE Black Rider likes this.