I Have Returned...

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Burridge, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    A 16 year old Burridge once joined this site many moons ago in search of some sick mods m9 for his Sym Jet... :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:
    Then upgraded, if you could call it that, to an MZ TS125 that I café racered (avatar), which got sold last week to an awfully nice jordie who plans on finishing it off and rebuilding the engine that I royally buggered the bottom end bearings on.

I now have this brute;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1999 DT125R with 2500 miles on the clock, still has the original front tire which shall be changed!

Hope to be posting again on here!

2. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Burridge :D

A few of the older members are starting to return now.... Still not done your test? ;):D

Nice bike. :cool:

3. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Nope :( did my CBT for the 3rd time yesterday, absolute ballache and didn't like the attitude at times from the instructors, got told that I don't have much road experience at one point, nearly 5 years isn't exactly a LONG time but I wouldn't call it 'not much' but hey ho.
    Want to do my a1 and a2 when I have the pennies, it's extortionate!!!

4. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    five years is plenty of road experience. Use a different school if they have that attitude. Had my licence close to 2 years now with small periods of time off. Not long done advanced but nothing like a smaller bike. Once its done its over and done with, Graft a bit and get it done ;)

Many plans for the DT?

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Remember the MZ & that pipe.?;),
    had a DT125LC MK1.:).

Burridge and scootzmadness like this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Feel for you mate,4 years on the road when i took my test.....if they'd have thrown a price at me back then like everyones paying nowadays,they probaly would'nt have let me out for another 20.;).

7. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    That's what I thought mate, was quite a nightmare over all to be honest, doing it on an absolute dog of a CBF125 with little to no brake fluid and a rear brake that you had to press the pedal what felt like 360 degrees around the peg to get the brake to bite, and either a flat spot front tire or dodgy head bearings that whacked you off balance whenever you turned.

Kept getting bollocked about my mirror checks which I should apparently be moving my head to do, not just my eyes, which I found quite ridiculous seeing as if your mirrors are adjusted correctly you should be able to see perfectly well in them without moving your head about. And also my shoulder checks which, granted I did forget on the occasion, but only saw the attractive 30 something female student only do a handful of the entire day who didn't get a single comment... Hmmmm!!

Plans for the DT though; not a lot!! Changed the huge square indicators for the ones in the picture, 1 inch all round smaller reg plate, and getting a handmade pipe from this bloke in Portugal who makes beautiful exhausts, hopefully an ally swing arm off a WR200 in the future and some supermoto wheels.

De-restricted it and set up the power valve the day I got it. Still haven't had it on the road yet as the DVLA are being dicks about my tax and won't let me tax it with the new keepers slip because apparently I should have my V5 by now... But I don't.. It's in the post so why not let me use the damn slip that I DO have?! Argh.

8. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    That dang MZ! :p
    Was a fun bike though and turned a lot of heads, but definitely won't be going back to anything MZ paha!
    And my dad had a DT175 once upon a time that he bought for £50!!

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Report them to DSA. All bikes used by a training school/instructor MUST be fit for purpose and if they arent, its a very serious thing. They must go through weekly checks to make sure they are roadworthy, If they arent doing that, they are falsifying paperwork. DSA will investigate and decide if they should be aloud to train or not.

While you are kind of right about the mirrors, When your doing CBT or test they dont know that you are quickly glancing at them. Its just best to WAY over exagerate your head movements to acknowledge your looking in your mirrors. same with shoulder checks, Over exagerate them. You know when you need to do them when you are out riding but they want to see you are a VERY careful rider when doing CBT or test.

Tried doing it online? Its how I do it with green slip.. Or pop to post office. Ive even taxed vehicles without having the green slip so its BS. Another one of their scams to make £££ out of you, Youll get a letter soon saying your getting fined if you dont tax the bike.

10. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I might do!! It was a shitheap!
    And that's true, just very annoying! :p

And yeah tried it online and over the phone, total crap, I've only had the bike about 12 days. Gonna go down to the post office tomorrow about it!!

11. Burridge

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Put a new croissant on the dt. Rasps all the way to the redline and off the clocks at 80mph woop woop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]