Hyosung SD50 Fully Custom build.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by edge2k, Sep 2, 2008.

1. edge2k

edge2k New Member

Hey all, sorry its been so long since iv posted any updates, i haven't had much time in the last forever to work on this thing but iv started putting pieces back together and focusing on getting it running smoothly again before i keep going on the accessorizing, since there's no point in having an awesome scooter... that doesn't run, but anyway iv been looking i need a new front brake assembly and i cant seem to find one anywhere and being in the states its hard to find parts, if any one could help me out or point me in a better direction id greatly appreciate it =)

reminder its a hyosung sd50 (sense) 50 cc with front disc brakes.

Thanks
    ~Edge

2. Vesta

Vesta New Member

have you tried scooterattack.com?

hyosungsf likes this.
  3. edge2k

edge2k New Member

I did on scooterattack, sip scootershop, scooter tronics, provo scooter (only has exhaust gasket) and some other smaller sites i found through Google no one seems to have any replacement parts or even that many performance parts in general for this model. :rant:

..im at a loss here, iv gotten it running again though it doesn't want to stay running from a cold start occasionally but its a start, iv have a few panels sprayed already and the rest are ready for primer, a buddy is going to make me some decals with his vinyl cutter heres some progress, should have the painting and clear done by the end of the weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but if any one could help me out with the caliper assembly, some how when i took the front wheel off to remove the plastics all the pieces in the caliper sort of fell out and i hadn't looked at it before to see how it goes back together so (being a complete retard) i cant seem to figure it out i can get what looks like back together but every time the disc never fits exactly between the brake pads and it always rubs :confused: so if anyone has some pics or anything to reference the way the pads and little metal clip pieces fit together it would help me out soooo much.

4. Jake

Jake New Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70cc
    Look forward to seeing the finished project. Keep up the good work mate :beer:

hyosungsf likes this.
  5. Burns

Burns Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr50
    you need to press the pistons back in on the caliper. nice project too

6. edge2k

edge2k New Member

:banghead: WELP, i cant figure out still how to get the caliper back on and aligned ( i did fully compress the piston, suprisingly there isnt that much resistance in it) but a friend said he would check it out and lend a hand when he is back in the area, but either way usually when i cant figure something out, i tend to make up for it by changing or adding tons of things i dont need or have any help in fixing the prblem SO since i had a few of these laying around i decided im gonna ditch the air tank/ air horn idea its getting to expensive honestly and put this "whelen SA314 Series 100 watt siren speaker as a faster replacement (the same model local law enforcement uses here) and an older model siren and pa amplifier :grin: lulz will surely endue..

heres a quick video, i didnt want to go through all of the actual pursuit tones being on my front porch and all, but i most likely wont be using them anyway just the "air horn and possibly the momentary siren chirp" =), the siren speaker is upside down on the cloth to muffle the sound a little for the micraphone.
    [​IMG]

...and just in case anyone was wondering, yes my tomatoes do get a full 7 hours of sun.

7. edge2k

edge2k New Member

Got motivated today suprisingly with a high of 97°F but made some progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got all the broken and cracked panels glassed today, got some more sanding done and started molding in the siren speaker, its starting to look like a scooter again =).

8. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

this is gunna be one crazy ass lookin thing wen its done lol i like it m8 lotta effort should look sweet

9. edge2k

edge2k New Member

Sanding SUCKS :D!!!! but this piece being broken in so many places, looks ok i think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all i could get done until tomorrow

10. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    what primer u used for ur crank case? and what paint you gunna use? if you use the kickstart the paint will just flake off.... :hello:

11. edge2k

edge2k New Member

I used a plastic prep something or other to make the primer adhear to the plastic better, its an automotive primer 2k high build i cant remember the brand its kind of old but i had enough left to do the scooter the paint is an automotive dupont "electric blue" and a 2 part gun metal silver that didnt turn out to look so much like gun metal more then shimmery black , i havent cleared the paint yet but its also an auto clear im going to spray probably 6-8 coats for a super deep shine, and the kickstart has been removed a long while ago it didnt work correctly when i bought the scoot and would grind if you bumped it when riding.

Gonna try and paint the rest of the primed panels tonight if it doesnt rain and fix the fitment issue with the woofer panel.

12. Vesta

Vesta New Member

how you figured out that one then ? o_O

13. cjrunner1

cjrunner1 New Member

any updates?

hyosungsf likes this.
  14. stevegti2

stevegti2 Member

wow yea updates please

15. Forde

Forde Member

their posts are from 2009 lol, this should probably be un-stickied as itll never be done.

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  16. TalkToShank

TalkToShank Life is short... so Grip it and Rip it!

i just spent half an hour reading that and he hasn't even finished!!!! its good shit though!

17. skullbreaker375

skullbreaker375 New Member

is the scooter finished yet, nice ride wld like to see completed pics:D

hyosungsf likes this.
  18. hyosungsf

hyosungsf New Member

I made a video for that.. I just found this forum .i know the post is old but your build it awesome!
    I made a channel for the Hyosung Prima.
    Im going to rad the rest of your build. looks great so far.

19. hyosungsf

hyosungsf New Member