Hyosung SD50 Fully Custom build.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by edge2k, Sep 2, 2008.

1. edge2k

edge2k New Member

=O!!, is that just pure top end... or crusing speed\?? because right now bone stock my max is 38mph, id be happy with topping out at 55 or so but crusing at around 45ish??

hyosungsf likes this.
  2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    well, then i'd probably go for a polini cast iron kit,a good pipe,19/21mm carb,clutch and vario.
    good,reliable kit and is practically bomb proof

oh dont forget an aftermarket crank

3. edge2k

edge2k New Member

so to de restrict the intake man, i have to take this off and i guess widen the opening inside here?

[​IMG]

or do i need to fiddle with this part.

[​IMG]

and before anyone says anything, yes i had the open parts securly covered to keep any junk from getting in lol.

4. edge2k

edge2k New Member

anyone... ? i want to try and finish this before i end up loosing parts and try and pull off the washer behind the trans before the weekends over.

5. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yep in the first pic mate, you need to widen the opening, to get more fuel through, you may have to modify it or there may just be a plate you can remove. ;)

hyosungsf likes this.
  6. edge2k

edge2k New Member

:cool: alrighto thanks man, ill give it a looksee inside when i get home i couldnt get the screws out last night because everything is so corroded and oily, but i managed to clean it all up last night,.

7. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    pressure washer ftw :cool:

nothing worse than working on a dirty engine.

8. edge2k

edge2k New Member

yeah i got the pressure washer out last night, by the time i was ready to do it was already after midnight, so i just sprayed some degreaser over everything.

9. edge2k

edge2k New Member

ok i got the carb off and took off the piece after and inside the pipe there isnt any reduction in size?

[​IMG]

Is there anything i need to do inside here? it doesnt look like i can really alter anything.

[​IMG]

Other then that, i trimmed off the giant mudflap/liscense plate holder flush with the bodyline, im going to flush in the plate once my resin gets here. it looks tons better now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres a shot of the seat i redid in carbon fiber vinyl i didnt take before and the 3.5L air tank sticking out of the underseat storage.

[​IMG]

10. frainey

frainey New Member

Lookin good :cool:

Keep up the good work :up:

11. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
  12. aerox_luke

aerox_luke New Member

whats the air tank for?

13. edge2k

edge2k New Member

"whats the air tank for" lol, what else but an authentic fire engine air horn?????

[​IMG]

:rofl:

ordering it from airhornsoftexas.com later on, iv already measured and i can fit it under the right side under the floor stretching from almost where the exhaust pipe curves to right behind the front wheel well, im going to completly conceal it so all you will see is the inside of the horn molded up to underside of the front lower panel, but only if your looking for it :pimp:

14. frainey

frainey New Member

Any update on this?....

15. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc

16. edge2k

edge2k New Member

Well i havent been able to do much lately but iv been sanding and fixing some little things here and there, hopefully im just going to start putting it back together ( i had a little problem with fuel leaking out of the intake but i think i got it settled now.

i changed my color scheme its a little cheaper this way, should be less then 50usd to do the whole thing its using ocean blue and silver metal specks paint from the auto paint store, it is an aerosol but im going to spray about 8 or so coats of nice automotive clear with a spray gun once i get all the panels painted.

Anyway, blue and silver... new color scheme, i tested it out on the gauge panel and i love the color, i just need to touch up a few imperfections to get it smoother, heres the blue color its the same color i painted my xbox with and got the idea from. :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pwn machine :p

17. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

that manifold looks as tight as muhami ali bum hole (im guessin no one would dare bum him god knows) mate try find a pic of a piaggio manifold the holes probs twice the size of that lol , try grind it out a bit wider mate

18. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

so basicly match inlet to reedblock

19. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

yes maty

20. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

Yes the Hyosung scooter intakes are a joke. been there done that
    You can port the manifold a bit I have full tools and even a flow bench at my useage. As a machinest it it hard to improve on a straw!!! Just build a new one, ya not for most people. i hunted high and low and no intake is offered for Hyosungs.
    [​IMG]
    So off to the waterjet and cut up a few dozen plates.

I am making new intakes for Dellorto carbs as well as bolt carbs.

[​IMG]

running a Dellorto 21mm on mine. Just getting them all welded up and i will have a few extras ;)

http://www.scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11812&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

hyosungsf likes this.