Hyosung Prima Over the top mods

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by RAW2y, Nov 8, 2008.

1. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

Thanks

Yes i just started with a Airsal kit and now to the point of no return :cool: @ weeks later ripped out the Airsal and in went a Malossi.Only wished I could get a good crank for the Hyosung!!!!

Over the winter I have plans of just that a complete strip down, acid dip the frame, powder coat it. Just a start for the winter.

2. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

[​IMG]
    Ordered a Yasuni R exhaust for a Katana.
    Just needed a small shim to make the pipe fit as the elbow was to short for the Katana.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we got had it tuned i was not happy with the performance from a 70cc Malossi and 21mm Delortto carb.
    Looked into the muffler to find the major issue of restriction inside the muffler.

[​IMG]

Grind the 2 small welds off

[​IMG]

Pull out the restrictor and reassmble the muffler..

[​IMG]

Now have to upjet from the 87 jet to a 105.
    Hope to get it going for a few weeks before i strip it down over the winter.

3. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

With the adjustment of flashing speed as well as pulse makes the change well worth it as you can now be seen very noticable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replaced both front turn bulbs with these and running the LED turn signals from scooterattack

4. gammaboy

gammaboy New Member

sweet, nice to see a different project where things have to be machined and modified to fit, real engineering. Malossi forks look super cool. Nice vernier by the way :D Pitty my place hasn't got more machines, we've got two lathes and that's about as far as it really goes, rest is general tooling, I'd love a mill, engineering is a bit dead in the uk it is sad to say :(

5. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

With all the issues I went threw with this scoot to get it to this point has been nuts to say ther least.

Yes I needed good photos I sent all the gear photos to every company.
    Malossi,Polini,Stage 6, Parma Kit with hopes someone would say they had a set of gears that fit.And not a single reply from any company at all.

So I stopped looking and just went with Dunlop TT-91 tires as large as i could get to fit.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    why not mod a bigger var/clutch onto there wiht the right length belt? the rpm on the imput shaft would be SILLY but if you dont mind changing bearings more often would give you more top end.

have you considderd fitting a diff engine?

7. RAW2y

RAW2y New Member

Na will not swap out the engine.

As a fact i am going to pull it and redo the engine top to bottom again but with all new bearings and seals. And will put a new crank into this round

8. thiess87

thiess87 New Member

man i need ur help ive got the same scooter as u n i need as much help as i can get

9. hyosungsf

hyosungsf New Member

wish you could update us.. i have the same one 2003 and now am uploading videos on YT
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIJDqCI1eF3Ga-T5Gj8pSw

I wish i could find your posts on the Hyosung forum and where that's at. if you ever see this. find me please. thanks. Great work you did..
    Now i need to check out the est of the this forum..