How to make ZIP 50 4T ‘08 faster ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by ZipMne, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Hi im new in all this so as the tittle says anyone can explain me in details what i need to do on my factory zip 2008 year 50cc 4T i would like to make it faster and i would upgrade some parts what needs to change to tune it anyone can explain me what i need to do will be very thankfull
    Ps: cant go more than 52-55 kmh (probbably restricted cdi)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

One more thing so i want to change only these things cdi derestricted where can i buy
    BELT
    ROLLERS
    VARIATOR
    CDI..

I realised its not worth for me spending too much in parts so this is what i want to change for now
    Can you suggest whats the best malossi or polini what model belt what model rollers what and where to find good derestricted cdi for zip 4t 50
    And what variator if anyone knows and has time to share it with me i would be very thankfull

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    My '06' has a de-restricted CDI & a spacer removed from the throttle linkage,seen 50mph.:).

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    16yr old ?

ok so a fourstroke is unlike a twostroke scooter model , Fourstrokes create torque and that is you main puling power, trying to get power out of a fourstroke is very hard.

rebore and oversize piston, re-cut and work the intake and outlets to and from the head, oversize the valves , uprate the overhead cams and valves themselves , even doing all this will not give much power, due to fourstrokes not producing a powerband etc etc. The MOST simple way is throwing on a big bore kit designed for fourstrokes.

Variator can help but remeber its NOT going to be a rapid climb to 50-60mph , very very unlikely , you will get a higher top speed but again due to they way fourstrokes produce torque its going to just pull upto that speed , for most they will be installing either the malossi multivar or a polini Hi speed.

Belts, kevlar will last a lot longer than stock belts due to the kevlar threading used , they wear down less and resist stretching overtime. malossi and polini sell kevlar belts but they wont be very cheap,

CDI , somewhere like pedparts would be an ideal place to start and enquire about a CDI change, but i think you may find they are not restricted in the way twostroke cdi's tend to be , but somewhere like pedparts can enlighten more on this area.

Rollers, are down to the rider , do you want a snappy pull away or a more controlled pull away, the rider does this roller tuning as its him these roller change is going to affect and how the motor engages that power /torque its creating.

OK , so heres the thing , if your 16yr old you dont have long to wait until your at the grand age of 17 yr old and the law becomes a little more less harsh for you, at 17 years of age you are allowed to ride a 125cc this is a huge step up from your learner 50cc, if this is the case i would hold out until your that age and look towards a 125cc , use the time you have while waiting to just get used to scooter/bike control, road awareness and ride safety, all that will set you up perfect for when you climb ontop of a 125 scooter and you will never want to see a 50cc again in your life.

ZipMne likes this.
  5. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Thanks for the suggestion perparts does not ship to my country anywhere else where can i find cdi derestricted ? 1 question why kevlar any better model than kevlar ?

6. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Where can i buy derestricted cdi

7. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

In our country we dont worry about these things i had an 125 runner st 2015 year i sold it this year i just want to customize this ZIP little bit and i need to know what belt to put and where to order it thanks for your info sorry maybe i wasnt 100% exactly right with year i sterted driving this zip but im 19 now

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    There's only a single wire that needs to be cut,mine was done at a dealers - you should be able to bring up 'specs online....don't do it by 'word of mouth' / think you have to be reasonably precise.

9. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Anyone from here from UK who can sell me new malossi variator this model 5111597

10. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Pedparts.....

11. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

They dont have shipping for my country on their website

12. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    try euroscooterparts

13. ZipMne

ZipMne New Member

Thank you found them can anyone from UK
    http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/3284/mirrors-set--piaggio-zip Order this part and shipp it ti my country with royal mail its cheap but i dont know why pedparts doesnt shipp in my country i will gift the 5€ more to the helper who can do this

14. nikitzo

nikitzo Member

ZipMne where are you from? I'm not from UK too. PM me and I will try to help you.