How to fit Clutch Springs

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by Masetw, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Masetw

Masetw New Member

How do i fit clutch springs on a gilera runner? Got all the tools just dont wanna start taking things off that i dont need to lol
    Cheers
    Mase

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty much in that order of use.

3. Masetw

Masetw New Member

lol i said ive got the tools how would i do it lol can u gimme like a 1 to 10 list or summin plz

4. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    why would you need a stanley blade terro?

is it to slowly cut yourself, and the blood gives you the motivation to carry on?

lol

5. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    blood adds horsepower :pimp:

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    take off your tranny case then take off your clutch bell then remove clutch and torque driver, pull old ssprings out with long nose pliers or a spring puller and fit new 1s the same way your old ones came out. its fiddly but not too difficult hope this helps

dec

7. tErr0

I forgot a couple of tools as well. Circlip pliers, spare circlips and a nice flat head. :confused:cratch:

Remove the clutch.

Undo the big nut with an impact gun and big socket. Stand on it to stop it from moving and slowly lift your foot to release it.

Remove the old springs and shoes from the base plate. You will of course have to remove the circlips to get them off. Flat head and needle nose pliers for this job.

Next up you want to remove all the powder coat from where the springs will be going into the clutch shoes. It can also help filing the holes out a little bit too but i do mean a little bit.

try and put all of the shoes together with the springs in and set them ontop of the round bits that the shoes slid off. You only want them on a tiny bit.

Use the 5 holes to squeese the clutch shoes down onto the clutch base. Doing each one a tiny bit at a time.

When you are finished fit either new circlips if you fucked the old ones or the old ones back on. Face the opening into the middle of the clutch.

Put back together.

Done.

This is the best way to do it and saves you fucking about for hours. Hardly took me any time at all with montys. :bird:

8. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    that is true but mybike juddered badly after i put the clutch back in

fucking heap of junk :w00t:

9. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

not the best thing to say is it when its in the for sale section. :rofl:

10. tErr0

Hes talking about his old 172. That really did need a complete new engine.

11. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

my bad :emb: :rofl:

12. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    it was a new engine. performance problem was fuel i reckon as in the summer it was rapid :pimp:

13. tErr0

Moved to guides section and a bump...