How to de-restrict a Generic Trigger SM50??

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by naughtydawg, Jun 13, 2010.

1. naughtydawg

naughtydawg New Member

Just bought a brand new trigger and was wandering how to de-restrict it...i can't be doing with 40mph standard and would like to get it up to 65mph, i know how to de-restrict the exhaust - (take out the sleeving) but i heard you also had to do something with jetting and washers on variators :huh:
    I would be so grateful if anyone could tell me how to acheive this, preferably a step by step method
    Cheers Connor

2. 2STROKE

2STROKE New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox
    im not too sure about your model and how many restrictors are included, but im sure of the variator restriction, to de-restrict your variator remove the nut which holds the fan pulley onto the crank (for this you will need a variator locking tool or an air drill/air ratchet), this should reveal the belt and the variator unit behind the belt, either infront of the belt or behind the belt is a washer which is the restrictor

3. Brewski92

Brewski92 New Member

Rides:
    Various!
    The generic trigger is geared and so doesnt have a variator, ive just bought a 60 plate one and to derestrict you must take all blockages from the front exhaust and upjet the carb. possibly removing a brass plate in the carb inlet but not 100% on that! If there is one, remove it :p

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    You're not going to get 65 from a standard 50 dude. You're dreaming.

5. OllieTGBR50X

OllieTGBR50X Member

Rides:
    TGB R50X
    a lad near me with his speedfight told me he could get 70? is he full of sh*t?
    :p :p :p :p

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Completely dreaming. My speedfight with a zx and sport went 52.