How is this possible!?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by A-LY, Dec 2, 2012.

1. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

well i put my new polish barrel on my aerox, after realising is has almost no squish and so much compression it almost wont turn over, i put 3 base gaskets on to raise it. this got it working as i wanted it to. filled the rads, just a few leaks where hose clips somehow wernt working right.
    got it running, sounded abit funny but i put this down to the heightened ports.
    i do 3 heat cycles. took the plug out to inspect it and look into the piston, turned it over and a load of fucking water popped out!!

drained it all, took the head and barrel off to see it all soaked. I can see where the head has sealed and no water has got in through it, so im completely mind fucked as to how the barrel can fill with water!

so no ive got to take whole engine out somehow and split the cases to dry it all out and see if its a crank seal, i bloody hope it is because im utterly dumbfounded otherwise.
    watch it not be a seal though, just my fucking luck....

2. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    could the water jacket on the barrel you have fitted have a crack in it casing the top end to fill with coolant , as it's polish im guessing its not the best of quality lol

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Is that the £25 70cc kit?....

4. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    yh i think they are mate iv seen them on ebay my self that why i just assumed they are not the best of quality lol

5. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

yea its the £25 one, i filled it with water before i put it on to check for that very problem and it was fine

6. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    oh right weird , but it still might be the water jacket due to it being under pressure now it is installed on the bike off the cooling system .

7. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

ive only just thought... how did it start with a barrel full of water?

8. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    haven't a clue , must of happened just after the third heat cycle

9. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    your heat cycles must have opened up a defect in the bore or head, but lets face it for a £25 NEW? head you had it coming

:eek:

you got a link to the ebay listing ?

10. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

11. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

maybe the water gone in after you took your head off? or it could be because you running your standard head and it not working well with that bore?

12. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    gasket sealant i always use , its blue in color and is about 4 quid on eBay and is designed specifically for head gaskets on cars and bikes

13. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

the seller said i had to run the standard head as 70 heads wont fit apparently

14. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I know you probably dont wantt o ehar it but was it really worht all that hassle whn you could have spend a tiny bit more and get something decent? L:D

15. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    open a dispute and send it back

16. steveaerox50

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    if the 70 heads don't fit what is the bloody point in selling them with the kit in the first place lol

17. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

it didnt come with a head

18. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

a 50cc head on a 70cc?... Is that just me or that just doesn't sound right!?!...

Edgar likes this.
  19. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    yep water jacket will be out of line, and therefor filled the bore with water

Edgar likes this.
  20. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

you can see where seal sat though, and it covers all round the barrell as normal.

whar do you think of using silicone to seal the head?
    my dad and car mechanic brother reckon itll work, but im not so sure