How hard is it to put a 70cc kit on a ped

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by James zip, Sep 17, 2019.

1. James zip

James zip New Member

I have an aerox 50 2t 2015 and have bought a yasuni sports exhaust for it and changed the rollers and I’m now thinking of buying a 70cc kit for it but is it hard to fit one from some YouTube videos it seems pretty simple but want opinions from people who have done this before to tell me if you can really go wrong or it’s just as simple as it seems

2. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Definitely one of the hardest and most easiest upgrades to get wrong. Although if you have the proper tools and do it right it won't take you more than a few hours the first time.

The risk is that you forget to do something that doesn't seem important first time, and within a couple of miles you need a complete engine rebuild because of a heat seize/wrong torque setting/loose circlip/wrong squish setting/missing gasket or something else weird lol. And replacement parts will cost more than a 50 too.

If you're using it everyday, make sure you choose a time to do it when you have a couple of days spare, in case something goes wrong.

But in my opinion you'll have more fun playing with different exhausts and transmission parts than a 70 kit. Its alot of work for 5-7mph gain in top speed unless you get a mid race!

3. James zip

James zip New Member

If I was to get one I would get the cast iron malossi sports cylinder kit but would be buying it more for the acceleration then the top speed and how would you go about checking the squish setting?

4. White05

White05 New Member

Just use the recommended plug and torque it to the correct setting on a cold engine