how do you derestrict a kymco zx50 ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by steve w hebburn, Jun 5, 2019.

1. steve w hebburn

steve w hebburn New Member

Rides:
    1999 kymco zx fever
    hi, having just bought a restricted 1999 kymco zx50 fever . 1st job i have done is joined the 2 green wires on the cdi to disable the rev limiter. i have read there a restrictor washer in the exhaust ? if so, where is it .also thinking of buying a derestricted variator boss. anyone help with some info/suggestions ? steve.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The info I have on the zx which is ancient in scooter term's is to replace the variator sleeve with part No. 22105GAK9010, up jet to 85 on the main and the light green wire coming out the CDI put it to earth ! There's nothing mentioned about the exhaust being restricted. This info is genuine Kymco and I don't think they'd have 2 different zx models !

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

What's wrong with the Carb it has

4. steve w hebburn

Rides:
    1999 kymco zx fever
    hi, problem was jet corrosion/ old fuel/dirt/ blockages. ( off road 10 years) but " scoot" is sorted ! replacement carb fitted, exact match to a daelim 50. went to rooster motorcycle breakers at stanley, co durham.( carb off the shelf.£10 ! massive yard full of mopeds/scoots . very helpfull owner. steve.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. steve w hebburn

Rides:
    1999 kymco zx fever
    hi , my kymco zx50 now idles fine, and revs ok. but the daelim 50 carb i fitted has a 75 main jet as standard. and the zx carb had a 80 main jet. will it be ok to continue with the 75 fitted ? will it cause any running problems. or maybe fit slighty bigger than a 80 ? cheers guys. steve.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    All way's try a big jet first !