how do i legally change it?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by StEvO, Jan 27, 2007.

1. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

as most of you no the nrg's getting a 125 engine in it, so for the sake of argument with my mum again im going to do something legally for once.

so what actually needs to be done, do i have to send evidence of the legal requirements needed have been carried out (i.e headlight dimmer, number plate light) ?

or is it just a case of sending it off with cc size and engine numbers changed? and does the tax class change?

cheers

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    tax class remains the same, you may have to have a vehicle inspection, if not then the numberplate light and dip/main and pilot light won't matter until the MOT.i think you can fill in the cc change onthe log-book and send it off.

3. Concept

Concept New Member

If your decreasing the engine size you just change the engine numbers and the engine size section to match specs.

4. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

If you decrease the engine ccs you will almost always be told to take your bike to have it inspected. This is because people used to declare a reduction in cc size to save paying higher road tax. As we know this government loves its tax income! :D

5. SR-STEF

SR-STEF New Member

but hes making the CC's bigger baja lol

6. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    it's just like putting a big-bore kit on it?? change the numbers on the log-book and advise of new cc

you will either get a new logbook or be asked o have the vehicle inspected

7. Concept

Concept New Member

lmao

INCREASE was the word :pimp: :emb:

8. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

To be fully Legal it needs to be taken to a SVA centre and retested as a Motorcycle not Moped.

It will also need a engineers report and new frame number. (original frame number is specified Max speed 30mph) so it will need to be restamped and tested to a higher speed rating.

9. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

so will a document from a shop saying they've checked it, and the changes to a log book not be ok. will they just send it back?

really aint got the time to do all that shit