Honley 125cc Stator Cover and Stator full of petrol

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by gamecelt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

Hi

I have a Honley 125cc 4 Stroke won't start and there is no spark.

1. Changed the ignition coil to one I know works, no joy.
    2. Opened the Stator Cover and lots of petrol poured out? So the stator would have been covered in petrol.

See picture below after I took it off and note all petrol on floor that came out of it.

Is this normal? Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Holy crap!
    If you got fuel in the stator side then the engine is full of fuel and leaking through the crank seal on that side, and probably the other side as well.
    That would indicate that the fuel tap is letting petrol flow all the time and not shutting off. And nor is the carb float.
    Clean and dry everything!!!!
    Remove the plug and crank the engine in short bursts with a rag over the plug hole to catch the fuel that will probably shoot out the hole.
    Had this a few years ago with a Speedy 100.

3. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

Update.

The fuel tap is working fine as I tested it. I did remove the plug and turn it over but no fuel shooting out.

My son says its oil but smells like petrol so I reckon its mixed.

So I drained all the oil it was defo petrol smelling and thinner than an oil consistency. Put new oil in it now. So we will see. Still no spark so I am going to replace the stator and then if no joy the CDI unit.

Will update when I its fixed or I have tried both and they have not worked.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I've seen this before on a 50cc.
    Iy was filled too much with oil, blew the rings and seals, then tried to start for ages, filling the motor with fuel (because of the rings).
    They only wanted it to start and refused to change the bald rear tyre, so I cut the valve off the tyre and they still rode off....

5. gamecelt

gamecelt Member

Hi

I wonder because when I drained the oil there was lots and I mean way too much.

So you think it could have blown the rings and seals?

What could the no spark be though?

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Separate issues. Probably blown the seal on the stator side. You might be able to just pop it back in.