Honda vision 50 - malossi or polini variator?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Rory5, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Hi folks,

At the ripe old age of 37 I've bought my first scooter, just went for a honda vision 50 as I can drive that on my car license. Going to use it for my short commute to work and looking forward to some fun with it :)

I have been reading about changing the variator for some better performance, I see 2 makes all the time - Malossi and Polini. Any opinions on which is better?

Which weights will give me a bit more top speed without making the hill climbing worse?

I see Malossi also do a CDI for it which raises the rev limiter from about 7000 to 8000, has anyone tried this on a vision?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Hi, if you get your self a complete variator kit like the Malossi multivar it comes with the rollers and is designed to keep the power there in the revs at all times regardless of what speed your doing

They are balanced and set up very well I was very impressed and transformed the characteristics of my bike.. I also got my bike a 50cc to ride on my car licence! Great fun roll on the summer !!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018