Honda SGX sky '98

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Adrian Wetton, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Adrian Wetton

Adrian Wetton New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new here and was wondering if anyone has tuned a honda sgx sky effectively. This is a complete project more for fun and the love of tinkering than anything else.
    Also is there another lump I could transplant directly in without alterations to the frame?
    Thanks guys.
    Adie

Del Sky likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

They make good power stock. Like 5hp at the wheel.
    Standard they will wheelie.
    70 kits make them hilarious.

Adrian Wetton likes this.
  3. Adrian Wetton

Adrian Wetton New Member

Ahh cool!, currently mine has the standard 12mm carb on, I did strip it all and clean everything and I've got in my head that it has a 80 main jet, possibly a 70... either way i remember thinking it seemed very high! Stock airbox and exhaust with that carb should have a main jet of 60ish I wouldnof thought?

4. Del Sky

Del Sky Active Member

Rides:
    A "Chinese Thing"
    Hi....I'm in the process of refurbishing a '99 Sky....I bought it for parts to keep my 2001 model running, thinking about upgrading it to 70cc...I don't suppose you know where I could get a speedometer drive for one of these marvellous little machines ?.....tried everywhere with no luck.....Del.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Sam phantom likes this.
  5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Does it look like this one?
    upload_2019-7-18_7-46-31.jpeg

Very similar to the early Runner speedo drives, I think I have one on the shelf....... upload_2019-7-18_7-46-31.jpeg

Del Sky likes this.
  6. Del Sky

Del Sky Active Member

Rides:
    A "Chinese Thing"
    Mmmhhh….very similar Steve.....this is the one off the actual scooter....proving almost impossible to find one.....

Attached Files:

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I'll seek it out and do some measurements and let you know via a pm later this morning

Del Sky likes this.
  8. Del Sky

Del Sky Active Member

Rides:
    A "Chinese Thing"
    I don't mean to hijack the original posters thread, but I'm just wondering if I can take this speedo drive apart.....there must be some sort of pinion in there, that drives the worm gear.....strangely it works fine backwards, but locks up in forward motion…...

Attached Files: