honda nsr 125 engine rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by m1ck_t, Sep 24, 2008.

1. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Yeah thats cool mate. You ever need any help again you know where I am.
    But next time you want me to flow your cases, port your barrel, fit your crank an beatings, rebuild your engine, set up you carb, spray your panels, polish them and then drop it off to you, I'm gonna start charging!

2. Vesta

Vesta New Member

Heck i'll set up the carb for free

3. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    ;)

lol

cheers boys

4. jackdim

jackdim New Member

Some people run a 34mm VHSB on these, but there is some work involved in fitting it. If you're interested then I'll dig out a guide for you. However you'll probably lose power in the mid with some gain up top. Not worth it on a road bike IMO, better off sitcking with the 28mm PHBH.

I'm not aware of these pistons but however I can't understand how a single ring would make more use of the ports than a twin. Surely all a single provides is less friction so the bike is able to rev higher faster? Obviously running a single ring the one ring will probably need to be replaced more frequently.

Now this has really got me confused, I've been trying to think how you'd do this and the only way I could think of is turning the bike into a 3 speed instead of a six lol.

The porting on the jc22 is very restrictive, plenty of room for improvement. There's even a guide on how to do so with portmaps etc, if you're interested then I'll link you to it.

Ta,
    Jack

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    by using a single ring piston you can comfortably enlarge the secondary transfer ports without the ring end going over a port.
    lighterning ANYTHING gear/clutch related means there is less motion lost to turning weight of the parts. centrifugal force/inertia is only any good once its moving, getting it to move takes power. snappy torquey bikes have lighter componants.
    bung the port maps in the thread

6. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Is that the reason behind single ring pistons? (always trying to learn!)

7. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    porting was an option at first but as the parts came in i didnt really want to start tinckering about with a dremmel specially not properly knowing wat i was doing. the idea of the single ring piston also went out the window as soon as i saw that 100 + quid price tag, lightening components meant sending parts off to someone who knows wats wat, oh and im prettysure the port maps will be the same once i pm'd you minor a while ago