Honda NSC50R to 110 conversion????

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Retrostu, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

As above can it be done?
    Is it a straight swap with 110 engine furling and ECU and exhaust?
    Simply plug n play

Or a whole load of trouble my wife 50 has been deredtricted does about 40mph but I feel the need for more speed!!!!

Any advice much appreciated.

2. Incpot

Incpot New Member

Have a look at www.bike-parts-honda.com and compare the models from the parts listings, all years, all models of the NSC Vision.

3. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

Great stuff I’ll try to cross reference them now

4. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

Can anyone else help me out here or at least point me in the right direction to someone that might please.

5. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    I did a engine swap on my aprilia sr50 with a engine from a different aprilia 50.
    I had to use a different subframe, different rear suspension as the engine mounts where thicker but you might not have that problem.
    I havent got around doing the wiring for the new engine yet either aha

6. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

Great! Well hopefully it’s just a drop in job but surprised no one else has done it before?

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Have the 110 mate - you'll be looking at a 30 mph increase in top speed,might wanna think about .;.:).:).

8. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

That’s what I am planning to do but what do mean by ‘might want to think about’ what?

9. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    It has been done, my mate has done one but its not just a drop in job by any means

the mounts are completely different and need to be cut and welded using a jig to get it straight first time then the wiring loom is different so you would need the 110 wiring loom along with clocks etc too then youll want to think about the brakes and suspension

by the time youve done all that, itll cost the same to just buy and insure a 110 in the first place

can it be done? yes
    is it worth it? not really

Retrostu and MARSH like this.
  10. Retrostu

Retrostu New Member

Thanks for clearing this up buddy and for a definitive answer the only reason I was considering was not only for a few extra ponies but also my wife’s is in repsol colours and I’d like to keep it that way only with a slightly bigger lump that was all.

Yes I could buy a 110 and swap the plastics but that would mean she would have to do a cbt every two years etc etc.

Unless anyone else can think of a way around it legally.

11. BigHeavy

BigHeavy Member

Rides:
    Kymco AgilityCity125
    Could just swap the plastics onto a 110 and just get the A1 test (125cc) done so there is no doing the CBT over and over again its just one hit cost and never have to be done again theres no real legal way of getting around it, even having it derestricted and doing 40mph if shes riding it on a car licence (im guessing thats how she rides it) is sort of illegal just ignored by most

12. bartski

bartski New Member

I know this is old thread but in case anyone was still interested in this swap it is possible. The engine mount is the same, rear wheel is the same, engine wiring loom connections are the same. No cutting, welding, re-wiring needed. Only thing you need is fuel line depending on which injector cap is fitted but nothing that zip tie won't fix. I used existing rectifier and spark plug coil. I left the original clocks as they are good up to 55MPH anyway. Only thing to remember is that the bits need to be from pre 2017 bike as it changes completely after that. Another thing I learned was that 110 has an air temperature sensor on the airbox hence mounting it on 50cc makes the ECU work in a weird way. Although you get the extra RPM it compromises the fuel ratio and firing timing so in my opinion not worth it as the bike runs super rich.
    Now the bike is much more smoother, pulls uphill like mad and overall riding is a much enjoyable experience. Definitely something worth doing if you think your 50cc is not up to it.
    IMG_20201119_083146.jpg IMG_20201119_083128.jpg IMG_20201119_083200.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    caelen likes this.
  13. caelen

caelen New Member

Do you think the swap is worth it? You’ve said it runs super rich but then you’ve said it’s definitely something worth doing if you think your 50cc is not up to it. Cheers

14. bartski

bartski New Member

It runs rich when you run 110cc ECU on 50cc engine. Some do that to gain extra 1000 RPM on their 50cc. ECU tries to compensate for missing IAT sensor and doses more fuel. When you run 110cc ECU on 110cc engine it runs as it should as you can imagine. Engine swap is very easy and definitely worth doing! I've done probably 500 miles now since the swap and loving the little scooter.

15. caelen

caelen New Member

That’s great to hear, cheers for clearing that up. Can’t wait for the extra power!

16. Freddofred

Freddofred New Member

This is very good feed
    You have a contact number would like to speak with you buddy

17. bartski

bartski New Member

Hi, I'd rather answer any questions here. How can I help?

18. Freddofred

Freddofred New Member

Fair enough buddy

I'm looking to do this just wanted to confirm
    Literally the 110cc went straight into the honda vision 50cc and only needing to change the ecu unit to run smoothly ? You didn't need to change engine mount or wiring or anything like that? Basically I got a 50cc honda vision 2013 and I want to put the 110cc engine in just wanted to he sure before I start breaking it all down that all I need in order for me to put the engine in was a engine and ecu unit

Thank you buddy

19. bartski

bartski New Member

You will need engine side wiring loom from 110 bike and obviously 110 ecu. You can use existing rectifier and HV coil. The connections to the front loom(battery, clocks, switches), fuel pump/gauge and tail lights are the same and they just plug in. I just left old loom in place and tucked in the new one next to it. Engine mount is the same so is the wheel. Like I mentioned before I came accros various injectors so fuel line might need changing or adapting. Worst case just remove the quick connector and slide the tube on the injector and secure it with jubilee clip or similair.

20. Freddofred

Freddofred New Member

When you say you come across various injectors, if your using the 110cc loom then don't you have all the correct connections there to connect, what's making the fuel lines different, sorry just wanna be clear on how I'm going to do it that's all bud

And thank you for your support it's really appreciated I would drink ya if I could