Honda lead / SCV100 tweaks?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Jordan727, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Hello guys and girls,

I currently own a honda lead (SCV100) 102cc. Currently happy with it around the town and nipping to work and back bout 3 or 4 miles stop start at lights/junctions. Top speed around 45mph, nudging 50mph full throttle on a downward slope.

I do however have a spare clutch and variator and would like to have the set up for some longer distance riding. Maybe 20/30 miles on 60mph A roads. Obviously if I'm making any long trips I'd plan ahead so I have time to switch set ups. Would love some advice, and ideally some product recommendations that would be suitable for this purpose.

I've read up a little on the workings of CVT transmission etc. Have looked on ped parts and racing planet etc are clutch springs and torque a generic sort of aftermarket thing I can buy and fit, or do they have to be make and model specific?

Would a gear up kit be necessary, and if so are they difficult to fit?

And any other modifications you'd all suggest?

It's currently running stock exhaust, carb and airbox. Ideally I'd like to avoid messing with the carb and stick to transmission tuning if that's do able?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    To be honest, leave it as it is, there's not really any "go faster" parts for your model, if you want faster buy a different scooter !

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ex SCV owner,don't f**" with it.it's what makes it such along owning reliable ped - ;).

4. rossm

rossm Member

They push out around 6 hp even if you could find a gear up kit so that it could get to a higher top speed, it's just not got the power to do it, get a faster scooter if you want o go faster

MARSH likes this.