High spec zip 70 carb tuning (help)

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Sam Oldham, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Sam Oldham

Sam Oldham New Member

Hi guys, need a hand with jetting my bike I know no one can give me the exact jet but wondering if anyone can give a rough idea
    Bike was running perfect then I bought to new exhaust went from pm tuning 360 to the yasuni r and now it's bogging at high rev like get to a certain speed then it bogs out sometimes it'll cut out sometimes it will just slowly pick back or slow down then pick up
    If you need any more info just ask.
    My set up is.

Zip 70
    Polini corsa 70 kit
    Yasuni pipe
    Stage 6 full circle crank
    21ml motoforce black carb
    Stage 6 v Force Reed block
    Stage 6 carbon petals
    Stage 6 C4 rave bearing and seals
    Straight manifold
    Air filter
    Malossi primary gears
    Polini secondary gears
    Molossi delta clutch
    Polini torque spring
    Stage 6 clutch springs
    Polini variation
    Stage 6 rollers
    Mallory belt
    Stage 6 kick start
    Stage 6 boost bottle
    Tnt fuel filter
    Derestricted cdi

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    what do you have in for main jet currently sam .

what we would tend to say is start high like 105 main and drop down a coupl sizes till you find the rough sweet spot then up or down by a single jet size to nail it perfect.

on a high end race spec i would hedge at a mid to high 90's on jet or even close to 100 -105 depending on what your after

3. Sam Oldham

Sam Oldham New Member

Currently running a 97 was running a 98 when I had the pm 360 on and that was perfect tried 100 up to 120 and now back 97 will try 97 downwards tomorrow morning and let you know how that goes
    Also thanks for the quick response

4. 328isport

328isport Member

Have you pulled the plug after it bogs/cuts out? With this spec I'm not sure if the R is the right choice, wouldn't the C16 have been better? Hopefully you'll sort it with a smaller jet.

5. Sam Oldham

Sam Oldham New Member

Hi Yeah have pulled it, looked like it was running perfect tbf but still waiting to try lower jets as the weathers been shit so hopefully be able to do it tomorrow

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    rollers?????

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    and a corsa isnt high end.. buying lots of parts doesnt make your bike high end, its an iron kit with agressive timings and you have the wrong pipe, still... but ye, jetting wont really do this, it will be consistantly shit/blow up if the jettings wrong. revs are predominantly roller related.. revs with no grunt is lean, revs at full throttle then backing off slightly increasing the revs is rich.. if the symptom changes depending on the speed your going, its ROLLERS not jetting. look up my posts via my profile, ive explained this 1000 times :D