high end scooter vibration

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Kossur, May 21, 2020.

1. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Hey guys!

Been around 10 years since my last projects. Finally finished my scooter and it is quite awful to drive to be honest :D It is only comfortable to drive with full throttle or 0 throttle :D In the middle with mid revs it vibrates quite badly.

As i remember these boys do vibrate quite a lot more than stock. Just want to be sure what else to check.

I have checked roller, sliders, different vario, tightened vario bolt with right nm, different clutch and bell. Any advice what else to check?

Aprilia sr50r
    ported stage6 racing mk2
    2fast exhaust
    stage6 innter rotor
    Tried both stage6 oversize vario and mhr vario
    Tried 2 different stage6 clutches.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    What scooter ?

3. Kossur

Kossur New Member

oh f... my bad. Aprilia sr50r. I will edit first post.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hmmm... Water pump if it's LC?

5. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Let me tell you straight away its your crankshaft, i guarantee you 100% its the crankshaft either change it or get it off and get it to be recentered if not too much off.

scubabiker likes this.
  6. Kossur

Kossur New Member

I was hoping you would reply to this subject. Thanks.
    IF we exclude crankshaft. What else MIGHT cause vibrations? Vibration is not constant but starts at around 9-10k which is around normal cruising speed in city and the vibration is very hard. If i go full throttle it kind of skips the vibration and is is fun to drive :D

7. Malossi Tom 172

Malossi Tom 172 New Member

Your engine mountings might be seized solid, my SR 125 had the same symptoms, extreme vibration through the bars on anything between 10 and 90% throttle but not below or above.

Unfortunately, they didn't grease them when they came out of the factory even though it's a 5 second job.

8. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Well if not the crankshaft it can be the CVT but you eliminated that, so next is the engine buffers or how u call them but i dont think so, they wouldnt cause that big of a vibration from experience(i drove a sr with that problem), i dont know what crankshaft you have but usually its always in the midrange and on full throttle you dont really feel them.

9. Malossi Tom 172

Malossi Tom 172 New Member

If you strip it down you will need 4 O rings, 4 engine mounting bushes (they're like white cups) and between that in the mount there are two metal bars, one of them will need a clean up and the other will likely be corroded within and inch of its life. Ultimate parts stock all of the items, should you need them. I'm unsure whether or not the 50 has silent blocks but if so make sure they're not worn too, unlikely that it would cause such specific symptoms if it was the silent blocks though.

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The 50 cc bikes don't have a silent block

11. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Cant you put it on a stand and rev the engine and possibly feel from what area the vibration comes from? Isnt any issue with the crankshaft? "Edit Sry. I missed the other posts suspecting the crank" get back when you know more

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Just to throw one out there.......check the condition of the front tyre, not unknown to have a bump in the tread pattern or not sitting right on the bead

13. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Both tyres are brand new

14. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Everything in vario i can exclude because i have another Sr50r with mhr team setup and i can change settings. I have replaced all parts from there and it is same. That doesnt vibrate at all like this one.

Another thing... This stage6 racing (with red frame part) is being used with 2fast exchaust and exhaust pipe is large/fat enough that i can't use that bar what goes through the ??engine buffers??.

My other sr50r with MHR team setup and with Yasuni c21, that pipe (circled out) is still there. I will add pictures what i mean.

2fast exhaust cannot be used without eliminating that bar. Could losing that bar cause that much vibration? Or is problem on 2nd picture where that NUT goes straight against the frame?

IMG_4051.jpg IMG_4053.jpg IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg IMG_4048.jpg

15. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    I dont believe that u cant use the bar with the 2fast exhaust they are not that stupid, im pretty sure u need the bar in the middle its a must no question there, this is just yikes how can u even put the engine on the frame without it .......

16. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Sorry Damjan. You are wrong ;) Believe me. IT DOES NOT FIT! :) I went garage and tried this bar one more time. I have same exhaust like you have Yasuni c21 on my other sr50r. Exhaust pipe coming wrong cylinder is WAY bigger on 2fast exhaust. Also i have seen other scooters without that bar also. My question is could that cause vibration.

My hope is that problem is with engine bushings and the connection on second picture where vibration goes straight from engine to frame.
    Today i installed new engine bushings. Will see tomorrow if this helps. Also i noticed that 2fast is selling extra part for my issue. Which is basically the same like mine is right now just more solid.

600-thickbox_default.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4097.jpg IMG_4099.jpg

some guys do this part themselves. That's not mine. Just found this picture on the internet.

69712810_2464283453815923_4133246289653530624_n.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  17. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    So you have all these parts and stuff then why dont u just swap exhaust and add the bar if u really wanna see if its that instead of trying other things.