HID Kit for speedfight 1

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by coolbluelights, Jun 14, 2013.

1. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

2. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

anyone?

speedy-demon likes this.
  3. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    cant see the pic as im at work and its a barred site..

but if it says they dont get too hot and there the same fitting as yours (H4 i assume) then go for it. but dont think 8000k is better than 4000k or 6000k, after around 6000k the light turns blue and your visability is not as good. i hear people saying they got 10,000k lights asif there the best, this is total bullsh*t look into it more before buying a kit.

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The whole reason HIDs are brighter is cos they don't make as much heat.

The higher the number the more blue they are (and the less White). 4k is best 6k is borderline and 8k+ pointless IMO. Standard headlights aren't even up to 4k if I remember

5. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    my question would be, how often do you find yourself down a pitch black road?
    is it really nessesary, or is it just something else to do

6. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

I always go down country lanes at night and my current lights are crap

scootzmadness likes this.
  7. bulliporker

bulliporker Member

how did you go on with hid kit as the light on my zip are really crap

8. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

9. bulliporker

bulliporker Member

yes lights run of battery and get brighter when you rev it , been told you can only fit hids to 4 stroke scooters something to do with charging system , have you tried replacing rest of your bulbs with leds to give more power to the headlights as done this on my vespa and i can now run a lot bigger wattage headlamp bulb

10. coolbluelights

coolbluelights Member

Your lights dont run off the battery if they get brighter when they rev, they run off the stator like mine.

I actually installed a 45w bulb and its not to bad but prefer the hid's tbh

11. bulliporker

bulliporker Member

i know you can alter the stator wiring so your lights run of your battery i am shure the info is on scooter help forum of whats involved as sip do a hid conversion, i am running 2 x20 watt bulbs myself and they are crap on my other scooter i have replaced headlamp with clear lens type light and uprated 35watt/ 55 watt bulb and the lights are amazing

12. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    your lights run off the generator and that will not provide the power need to run the HID ballast pack, you need then to be running from your battery or you need to do a DC mod on your bikes charging system. or get a better battery

the hire the number the more power they use and to more heat they make. as a scooter as low power and plastic light housings you would not want to go over 4k(ice white) about 4x better then stock lights.
    i was running 7,500k greens and i melted the light surround.
    BUT if you dont use the bike on a night all the time dont mess with that sort of a mod, bike wiring is shit at best when you start cutting into it without knowing what your doing there will be trouble lol.

13. bulliporker

bulliporker Member

i think the problem with mine is not the bulbs putting out enough light , its the headlamps are just crap due to there design

14. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    what is the stock bulb type

15. Cory Cole-Wilkins

Cory Cole-Wilkins Member

Rides:
    Yamaha YQ-50 Aerox
    I had a H4 hi/lo 8000k xenon conversion on my Suzuki AY50.

They took a few seconds to warm up and ran fine.
    They where wired straight to my battery as the instructions told me, the relay uses the hi/lo power from the original wiring to know which direction to point the bulb and the power is drawn straight form the battery.