Hi Guys - Lambretta freak here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by stacyd83, Jul 14, 2019.

1. stacyd83

stacyd83 New Member

Hi everyone, my name is Stacy, I have loved Lambrettas and the Mod scene since I was 14. Finally, after 22 years of attending events, idolising the scooters and of course LOVING the associated music I obtained my CBT certificate yesterday and have ordered my first ever scooter!

As a total novice, the CBT was a tough day (7 hours in total), never ridden before, don't drive a car and until now have been a dedicated push bike rider, a mixture of determination and tenacity got me through it even though at one point I lost concentration, balance and bumped up a grass verge on the road ride (I thought I'd be sent home....) my instructor was lovely and as soon as I told him what I thought I should have done he simply said I was there to learn, I won't be the first and won't be the last. It put a dampener on the day a little but now I'm completing the paperwork on my new Lambretta V50 Special and I'm psyched to be able to finally ride!

Looking forward to being part of the scooter community and I hope to get to know you all very well!

Thanks everyone!

Stevep and Sam phantom like this.
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Welcome Stacey

It is like riding a bike once you get to know how and build your confidence you’ll be fine

When your out riding predict every car you see will pull out on you best advise I ever had!

Good luck

stacyd83 likes this.
  3. stacyd83

stacyd83 New Member

Thank you!

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Welcome. I'm a mod at heart but ride more "rocker" style bikes.
    Ska is a lifestyle