Hi from Italjet newbie.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by MumboJumbo, Mar 6, 2017.

1. MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 125
    Evening all,
    I've bought an Italjet Dragster 125 because I always thought they were cool and I wanted something to put in the back of the van for weekends away.
    Got lots of questions as the one I've bought is an unfinished project (probably about 95% complete), the main two things being brake master cylinder parts and a rear seat - haven't got one and I'm going to need it. For the master cylinder I'm trying to get the brakes bled and I think the masters are fooked - anyone got any ideas where to get rebuild kits or which other scooters use the same masters?
    Looking forward to getting it MOT'd and on the road but until I can stop it I won't be going anywhere!!
    Cheers.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    could look at the italjet formula see if they would be a fit.

3. MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 125
    Thanks mate, I've bought aftermarket masters for now just to get things working properly, but it does seem the Formula shares lots of parts so in the future that's the way I'll probably go. Still looking for a seat - seems they're rarer than that stuff comes out of rocking horses!!!

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    have you got the old seat ? if yes i would go the re-uphoster route . grab some covering and a good staple gun and some adhesive , warm up the fabric with hair dryer so its a bit more flexable coat old seat with glue tyen let the glue tack up. lay on new fabric and stretch it to contour, then whack a shed load of staples in to secure it :)

saves you the headache of finding a new seat and recycles the old one for a good few more years

5. MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 125
    Yeah can't argue with that - problem is I haven't got the old seat or the pod!! I can get a pod but I want to take the scooter away with us in the van at weekends so I need the pillion option. I'll keep looking - worst case I'll make something out of plywood and get that covered.