hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by moonmonkeyz87, Apr 13, 2017.

1. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

hey guys just started riding a peugeot speedfight 2 havent fallen off yet so i consider it a win

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Hiya MM and welcome to the scooter shack ,

Havent fallen off yet lol , its going to happen one day, just blame it on the cat/dog/wife/girlfriend or that wierd looking alien that chased you down the road, either one works fairly well lol

3. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

well being nearly 30 youd think id be past excuses but whenever i fell of push bike it was always because of trees jumping out in the road

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    lol 45 here, people didnt believe the trees moving into my way, or theres was black ice in the middle of summer, but the cat worked ......... it was this black cat huge thing like a panther jumped out and i was like WOAHHHHHHHH oh shoot and kinda laid the bike down doing 90 mph ....... ok maybe 90 was a bit strong but adding a 0 makes it look a bit better lol

5. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

ill keep that in mind well ive only been riding since monday so still time first time out i was accompanied by a busa.
    so big black cat and add a 0

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Closing your eyes & hoping for the best....does'nt always work.;) -
    get yourself some good protection especially regarding skidding/sliding down the road.:).

7. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

Already have jacket boots gloves jeans and obviously helmet stepdad a biker

8. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Good work, my only time on the tarmac has been my own fault thru totally misjudging how much time and space I needed to turn a corner

That's when I really appreciated the benefit of protective gear

9. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

Yh gotta love protective gear although the strange looks you get when someone asks what you ride and you point at a moped is funny normally with the words you dont need all that to ride it

10. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Oh I've had that, why do you wear all that when you're on a moped ha ha ha

Ok, whizz along at 60-65mph and then come off it and you will see why I wear what I wear.

11. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

I can only get to 42 but still gonna hurt

12. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Run a belt sander at 42mph and then hold your bare arm on it for 5seconds!! That's why all smart riders wear some kind of protective gear.
    I've come off at 25mph wearing just jeans and bike jacket. Even at that low speed I bruised up my knee and leg. What amuses me is when I'm cruising in traffic at, say, 30 in my full bike gear and a cyclist flies past in his lycra shorts and flimsy helmet. I wonder what the injuries are like when they come off.

13. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

Oh no cyclists are immune to everything and the rules of the road are optional. Lycra however needs to be banned