Help!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by filiposlanec02, Mar 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. filiposlanec02

filiposlanec02 New Member

Hi guys, im 16 and just starting to learn about mechanics. ive had this problem since buying my 2 stroke piaggio zip (50cc) 03 plate, the bike runs fine...ish, have put on a manual choke as i thought that was the problem, but now its only running on choke. anyways, my problem is not the bike running but the bike starting up, everytime i go to start up it takes easily 5 minutes of constantly holding the electric start, WHILE throttling which cant be good at all. ive cleaned the carb in and out 3 times now and really need some ideas on what it could be. thanks for your time and any answers will be really appreciated.

2. filiposlanec02

also there is alot of white smoke once its managed to start

3. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Welcome to scootershack! Is the carb standard and have you checked the jets?

4. filiposlanec02

the carb is a standard 17.5 dellorto and all jets have been cleaned out three times now and werent even that dirty to begin with considering its an 03

5. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Sounds like it's burning excess oil if it's smoking a lot, that could indicate the mixture is too oil rich. There are members here that will offer you better advice then I can as I'm fairly new myself.

6. filiposlanec02

i feel that my bike floods itself when sitting still because when i start it up and wait a few minutes it feels like it unblocks. it starts off the button once its unblocked and theres no white smoke

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds lean. When its on choke its running rich

8. filiposlanec02

what can i do to make it more rich when its off choke

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Jet change

10. filiposlanec02

ive ordered a new 17.5mm carb with a set of jets so hopefully i can sort that out, but how do i know its at peak performance?