Help with Scarabeo 2t Malossi 124cc

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by MultiGR23, May 20, 2020.

1. MultiGR23

MultiGR23 New Member

I already asked some questions here and a nice guy responded, but I have some new problems now.

My current setup:
    Malossi 124cc cylinder for Minarelli 100cc
    A naraku crankshaft (same as the original )
    Phbg 21 dell'orto carb
    Polini 90° conic air filter
    Malossi multivar 2000 for minarelli 100cc (10g rollers now)

Today i changed pipes: i had a tecnigas next r for minarelli 100cc but it just doesn't work. I tried everything to keep it but it just decreases performance (both in acceleration and max velocity) and police gave me 2 warnings already (they say I have to get rid of it for "being too loud"), I won't be this lucky a third time.
    Now i have the stock catalytic pipe on and it works a lot better even tho I'm running rich due to the hot season (I'll be rejetting soon).

The problem is: i hate this pipe, it sounds like someone is shaking a tic tac box, looks horrible (view attached files) and weighs 8kgs more than my previous pipe. Does anyone know a good "street" pipe that doesn't sound or look too bad, and weighs a little less?

Another question, the phbg 21 carb has a mixture screw or and air one?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The Scarabeo is rare in the UK so not much help, you could try an exhaust off another model 100/125 2t (Aerox ?) and make it fit !

3. MultiGR23

MultiGR23 New Member

Here in Italy scarabeo is everywhere, just not the 100cc, it seems like noone has ever tuned a minarelli 100cc (that includes the aerox) and I didn't really have any luck on finding informations about 100cc tuning.

I actually found an exhaust for the aerox 100c, but i I don't know if it will be any better than the catalytic i have now (link https://emlineamoto.com/it/5543.htm...9PdDCGADgMEq3oIhyLkISrt1RPZY28GoaAsISEALw_wcB )

May i ask another question not related to pipe?

4. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    They dont tune it because doesnt matter what kit you put or other things u change, it just doesnt give enough performance for the money you spent thats why there isnt a lot of 100cc tuned minarelli`s, they are kinda weak. If the next r is for 100cc idk how can it decrease the performance i think you need to tune it right.

5. MultiGR23

MultiGR23 New Member

"tune it right" carburation was fine (before lockdown), i was a little bit rich, i tried rollers from 8g to 11g, nothing, it sucked. My guess was that the pipe had some kind of of "obstruction" (don't know what it's called in english), but I can't find any.

I have a question, with the standard pipe and 10g rollers it accelerates like crazy, the 11g i have are too worn-out and 9 g are too light, should i try 12g rollers or stick with 11g?

6. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    How can i know where your scooter makes the most power ? You need dyno or on feeling, find where it makes the most hp and put rollers according to that rpm.