help with Aerox temperature sensor

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by DARK ANGEL, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DARK ANGEL

DARK ANGEL New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    Hello!A couple of days ago,I bought an Yamaha Aerox,my first scooter ever!I like it very much,but the scooter has a few missing pieces,and I would need some help to know what to buy to fit perfect...
    So far, I found that the temperature sensor is missing, and in its place is only a screw.I want to buy the sensor,but dont know what type to buy.i found on a site that Aerox can use 2 types of temperature sensor.Can someone please help me by telling what type should I use?
    My Aerox is the 50 cmc model,liquid cooled.If it matters,the scooter has the stock digital tachometer : yellow color with digital scale for water temperature and gas and the other side 120 km/h scale.Should i use the small or the long type of sensor?Please help me!
    Here is the site where i found the temperature sensor:
    http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/179/aerox-temperature-sensor
    Please excuse if there are any grammar mistakes,English is not my first language.tnx so much for your help!

2. DARK ANGEL

DARK ANGEL New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    please help me.

3. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    mines a 2003 model aerox and it uses a long temp sensor , make sure you buy some coolant as well because when you unscrew the bolt that is in there now it will piss out coolant , unless you drain the system first .

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    You will need the long sensor mate.... as above, coolant will piss out, so buy yourself some fresh coolant when you buy the temp sensor..... :)

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  5. DARK ANGEL

DARK ANGEL New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    i got the digital spedometer,on some other sites people told me to buy the smaller one,because the long one is used for the the other type of spedometer ,that show the rpm and uses only a light bulb for water temperature warning.here's a picture of my dashbord,maybe you can enlight me why to use the long one and not the shorter sensor.what should i use for the digital spedometer?????im so confused... :

Attached Files:

6. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    like a said mate mines the same instrument panel as yours its a long sensor , and make sure you refill the cooling system after :)

7. bradley thompson

bradley thompson New Member

Hi I've go a 2005 aerox yq50 just recently changed gaskets and temp sensor because I had no coolant and it over heated and melted all the seals after fixing all this i can now only go about 20 min max before the temp light comes on but the engine isnt that hot I'm thinking it's a dodgy sensor but what do you think sensor is new also are you meant to screw the temp sensor in tight or not