Help wit 70cc kit

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Mr coin, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

Okay so I want a 70cc kit on my yamaha neos 50 will I have to get a better carb other than the standard one on there

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you can run it with the stock carb but it would need to be rejetted up a lot higher than the stock jets fitted.

But the above depends on what bore kit you fit, usually if someone fits a 70cc kit they also upgrade to a 17.5mm - 19mm carb.

you will also need to maybe fine tune up the rear clutch and the variator so different weighted rollers, and a clutch spring swap. but these parts are usually rider preferences

3. Mr coin

Mr coin New Member

I'm looking at getting stage6 or polini bore kit not to sure any suggestions and wich cards better 17.5 or 19 do u have any links for buying thanks

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    for a mild sport kit i would stick with a 17.5mm carb dellorto

for a R/T race kit i would be looking at a 19mm carb dellorto maybe higher

for long life the mallosi iron kit big bores are good a mild street kit , thing is having a 70cc kit means your going to have to look after the scooter, the first 300-500 miles will NOT BE HARD ON THROTTLE, infact your not even going to be using any more that 3/4 of the throttle. blowing a new cylinder is an expensive replacement , new kits need to be worn in correctly or your just throwing money on a bonfire. your first few hundred miles are slow and easy.

scooter requires constant checking and looking after, good oil , cleaning , replacing worn parts etc etc. take the scooter to a shop its going to cost you a lotta money, so its good to know about scooters in the first place. the forum is a great place to learn from to there are lots of folks that ride scooters some have sport kits, some have rapid race kits and you can see what problems they encounter along the way owning a bore kitted scooter. your standard 50cc scooter will go for around 15,000 miles , a bore kitted scooter around 8,000-10,000 if your lucky maybe a bit more it depends on the rider and how throttle happy they are.

5. sean178

sean178 Active Member

You may get lots of different opinions on this kit and that kit, this carb or that carb, this pipe or that pipe

I've just (last week) put a Malossi Sport 70cc on my Ludix Blaster with a 21mm delortto carb and a Yasuni R pipe. It runs lovely and sounds sweet.
    But, it is early days

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

6. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    Hmm...I personally wouldn't use Anything under 19mm. You won't get your full potential.

It's what you wanna spend and what your looking to achieve with your bike buddy. Stage 6 , Malossi, Polini are all good kits. Irons aren't that reliable compared to Aluminium, still iron is good if you look after it.

I'm having to take my Ped to PedParts in February, I'm wanting my carb set up correctly and it can only be done correctly on a Dyno.

Try not to mix and match, people say it don't matter but let's be honest, the same make is gonna work smoothly with its brothers and sisters, fact.

All the kits are good (not no names kits tho) it's all preference to be honest .

Just be ready for hell of a lot of maintenance, ££££ and the horrific slow throttling for a while, cars will get pissed off. But do open it up at least full throttle once or twice on every ride other wise your end up with a slow 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    If you ever need any help come on the forum. If your not 100%, come here and ask before altering etc. Long as you use good oil, decent petrol (don't use super market shit)

I can't thank this forum enough for the help I've had, you learn new stuff all the time and everyone has different skills etc.

8. sean178

sean178 Active Member

That's interesting Envyus
    Lots of people say it's the other way around. That's why I went for the Malossi Sport.

9. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    I've heard bad and good things about irons and aluminium. TBH it's the rider/maintaining the bike what gives it its life span. You can buy two of the same bores and ride them both the same and one would blow before the other. It's hard to suggest kits because their all good.

I heard Mallossi was more reliable , but then I've been told stage6 is more reliable. It's one of them things I guess . All bores wear out...so it's really hard to say what's better. I personally would go for Stage6 or Polini. Don't get me wrong though malossi are good quality I just don't interest them.

10. sean178

sean178 Active Member

It's just that on the thread I started when I was deciding which kit to buy you said you were going with a Polini or Malossi next as you'd had nothing but trouble with your stage 6
    Is it all sorted and running sweet now mate ?
    Hoping I'm not going to regret buying the Malossi [emoji53]

11. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    It's all sweet now mate. Mechanic put my clutch in and never set it up. Been using 15x rollers in an 16x variator since I had the bike [emoji23] my carb still needs a good shagging from ped parts but my bike is now running properly. It's weird as roller issues sound like carb issues it's pickle . My next kit will be high end MHR or big evo mate. Soon as my bore blows

12. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    irons hold heat a little more.
    alloys loose heat a little better.

alloy can wear a bit quicker than an iron so an iron tends to last a little longer, iron kit is more heavy than the alloy kit to even a few grams in weight can be 2mph slower or 2mph faster.

and it really comes down to how much you wish to sink into the scooter and the overall long term running. the rider is key to. if your a balls to the wall rider your going to be pushing the motor hard most of the time, where a more sunday stroller is going to be less heavy on the throttle so his bore will last that little longer.

Anthea - malossi - polini - stage6 - mrp etc etc all good kits but really it comes down to money and the riders choice/riding style.