Help! Oil leak

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Cli5pren, Feb 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Cli5pren

Cli5pren New Member

Hi all, new to here so any help would be much appreciated,
    Just Done a valve adjustment on a lexmoto scout 49, valves were REALLY tight before I adjusted them, adjusted to 0.004 on both but as soon as I'd started it up, it began literally spewing oil out, from what I can see its coming from inbetween the rocker arms, think it may be from the groove in the top left corner of the rocker arm.
    I've replaced both top and bottom end gaskets and it's still spewing loads of oil out.
    Any ideas please? I'm thinking getting new cylinder head and rocker arms but wanted to check it isn't something else first.
    Cheers

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Huh? Have you put the valve cover back on?

3. Cli5pren

Cli5pren New Member

Yes, when I saw oil dripping out the bottom I took it off and had a massive pool of oil pour out, left the cover off and started it and its literally shooting out

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's just oil pressure I guess. I'm not sure how much the oil pumps put out. As long as the gasket is good on the cover I wouldn't worry too much

5. Cli5pren

Cli5pren New Member

Ok thanks, ordered some a new rocker arm assembly just in case and a new cover gasket and will put it all back together tomorrow