Help needed 125 scooter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Brook Campbell, May 10, 2020.

1. Brook Campbell

Brook Campbell New Member

Hi all,
    Going to get my boy a 125 scooter...
    I don't know anything about them..
    Am I better off getting an older known make or their seem to be a lot of almost new lexmoto stuff cheap.. I don't want to spend to much as it's only a fill in until he passed his driving test..
    Any help appreciated

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If he has no interest in scooters/bikes then a cheap and cheerful will do as he won't look after it or even want it.

3. Brook Campbell

That's a bloody flippant remark.. you know nothing about my son so how do you know he wouldn't look after it or want it.. typical shit answer from someone who has nothing helpful to say.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I must apologize for my answer but I've heard it many times, if it's only "a fill in until he passed his driving test" he's not interested in keeping it long term. I wait to be proved wrong.

5. Brook Campbell

Haha.. it's me that's said it's a fill in..as I'd rather him in a car than on a bike or scooter.. sorry I was probably a bit aggressive..
    Am I better off getting an older honda or Piaggio or something or a couple year old Chinese for the same money?

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Ok, chinese are cheap but if looked after, maintained they can last a couple of years. They are disposable and resale is whatever you can get for it ! Older Hondas and piaggio have there own issues, as in spares. Scooters are not like cars, they are never made to last, spares are discontinued and have a hard life. Try to buy a low miage named brand, Honda Yamaha or Piaggio. The Yamaha vity is pretty hard wearing. I know how it is, my Daughter had a 50 then 125 for 3 years so I know the feeling every time she went out. When he does his CBT tell him to listen, wear gloves/jacket ALL TIMES not just when it's cold, slow down in the wet. Sorry to have got off on the wrong foot, scooters can be fun and maybe you could use it after he's done with it ? Just need to think every ones out to get you and he'll be fine. Cheers. p.s I'll stop now.;)