Help a newbie please asap.

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jasonwright, Sep 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jasonwright

Jasonwright New Member

Hi I am 45 and just want a little 50cc to go to work. The problem is I am 5'10 and if you pardon the expression built like a brick s**t house after years in a physical job, I just need a 50cc to nip 15 mins to work and back. Please could anyone recommend something that I don't look silly on? I am not worried about speed I just want to get to work,

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

A rather rotund 5ft 9" driver mate of mine used to go about the same distance every day on a sym jet euro X 50cc scooter.
    However spares for those can be a little scarce and expensive.
    I would suggest something like a Gilera Runner 50.
    Most of the ones you will find will be battered, thrashed within an inch of their lives, and in poor condition.
    But if you can find one cheap enough for your budget and either get it bought up to scratch by someone or if you're handy with a spanner and have a few marbles, do it yourself.
    It's a great learning curve as well, plus you'll find that the commute is shorter on 2 wheels.

3. Jasonwright

Jasonwright New Member

Will look that up thanks, budget isn't my worry. Just don't wanna look like a clown on a mini bike. Thanks again J.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I would suggest a big wheeled 50cc , I'm sure suzuki/Kymco/SYM have one ! Spares won't be a problem.

5. Jasonwright

Jasonwright New Member

Thanks for the reply.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the new honda vision isnt so tiny, or you could get a geared bike? or a 125cc? some quite big 125cc bikes like silverwing etc could be just what you are after

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Get yourself on u-tube,mate....punch in 50cc(scooter,moped,etc) .give you a pretty fair visual on bikes &esp.in comparison to the size of people riding them.
    Mk.