Hello I am new and in need of some brake advice on Honda Dylan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Born again scooter rider, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Born again scooter rider

Born again scooter rider New Member

I am returning to scooter riding after many years. My last scooter was a Honda C90 stepthrough back in the eighties.

With rising fuel costs I have returned and bought a cheap 50cc moped but was dismayed to find they are now restricted and I struggle to reach 30mph and too slow for the roads I use. To solve this i bought a spares or repair honda dylan 125cc to repair over the winter.

It is almost roadworthy but I had a problem renewing front brake pads. The retaining pins refused to come out and i had to resort to drilling. But all i have managed to do is damage the caliper so I am now in need of a front brake caliper. Does anyone know if the same caliper is fitted to a different model or make as the prices I am getting are crazy part number seems to be 45150-KGF-901. any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Have u tried ebay..theres 1 honda being broke on there and says most parts fit a dylan...and dats a honda pes125...try the nes to

3. Born again scooter rider

I have been looking on ebay for a couple of weeks now. I can find just about anything but calipers for this model. I have sent messages to several people who are breaking them but they want about £60 plus p&p. I have managed to find a brand new one from Germany at just over £80 plus £10 p&p. I am worried that if I buy a used one that I might have the same problem as the old one. if they were only around £30 plus p&p I would take the chance. I also know that a one from honda is about £260 plus p&p. Thats more than I paid for the scooter. Its looking as if the best option is to buy the new one from overseas. It even looks like a genuine part not a copy.

4. Born again scooter rider

Finally managed to track one down on ebay in UK for £40 plus £4.50 p&p. Seller says in mint condition with bleed screw and brake pad pins that are not seized in. Cannot wait to get it now. Hope the snow goes away by then. its cold up here in Newcastle. Thanks for the advice about pes and nes, it gave me a lot more choice. I also tracked some down on ebay France and Spain that would not show up on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk

5. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Glad u got it mate..knew they must be some on ebay...it as more aless everythink..good luck

6. Born again scooter rider

Replacement caliper fitted and finally managed to ride bike for first time and well pleased with it. Brake surprisingly easy to bleed. (I had read of lots of problems and was prepared for bother) Just need to pass my CBT and get it MOT'd now.

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Welcome back,off the road no. of years till recently myself .
    Did my stint on a c90cub in the 90's (good bike).
    Best of luck on getting otr again.

8. Brian L

Brian L New Member

Rides:
    Honda Dylan SES 125,
    I obtained a Honda SES 125 Dylan last year as a winter project, it had been stolen and crashed, a self tapping screw hammered into the ignition, among other problems.
    Always a classic car person, (at 84 I no longer have the appetite for climbing under cars) I needed to find something to keep me away from the TV, so, I put this post as to finding a club/workshop that sells spares, ebay yes, but I am looking for the return throttle spring on the carburettor, (which will only be available with the carb) so, is there one around for sale please
    Regards
    Brian