Hello from Carlisle.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Mouldy, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Mouldy

Mouldy New Member

Rides:
    Pulse scout
    Hi folks, I'm Kenny. Here's my pulse scout with the plastic pulled off and some other bits stuck on. I call it the wild turkey. I've just stuck a big bore kit onto it and can't get it started again but that's for a different post. I'm a car guy but thought this would be fun and I was right. I used to restore vw beetles for a living but am now the sculpture technician at the local uni. 20171019_194017.jpg

scubabiker likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Is that a mini hotrod in the background?

Mouldy likes this.
  3. Mouldy

Mouldy New Member

Rides:
    Pulse scout
    sure is. 8mph mobility scooter re-arranged for my daughters 7th birthday

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  4. Mouldy

Mouldy New Member

Rides:
    Pulse scout
    I love making things. Here's my pick up hot rod beetle (now sold to fund my garage) and the second trolley I built for my daughter.

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I really want to build some kiddy hotrods, I think it would be so much fun.
    How long do you think they take roughly?
    Ive got tons of parts to use to make a few, just lack of workshop space really

6. Mouldy

Mouldy New Member

Rides:
    Pulse scout
    The time to build is going to vary massively on how you go about it. I've seen quite a few of those fibreglass vw splitties with the mobility scooter almost un-modified underneath.
    I modified the steering/controls column to lay back so that it'd go into the body before it tilts up then defined the edges of the floor, bent some rod for a frame and filled in the gaps with .8mm sheet. Then there's a seat to make and upholster and paint for the body. I recon there's about 40hrs and £350 in that one including the £250 initial purchase price. Good exercise just to tinker away with as and when. To me the most important thing is that I could fit into it too, why should little people have all the fun.

What sort of thing can you see your spare parts making? petrol electric body style?