Hello: Aprilia SR125

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by RLH5, Oct 8, 2017.

1. RLH5

RLH5 New Member

Howdy!

I'm Rhys and I've just finished rebuilding my Aprilia SR125, which I've had since 2014. I've been a scooter fan for ten years now since buying an SR50 when I was 16.

I've had a piaggio typhoon 172 which was great fun and I'd love another one day, a mint condition red SR125 which was stolen, and an NRG50 which was bought as a non runner for £50 and I planned to fix up but stripped it down and lost interest so I scrapped it when I moved. I originally joined this forum in 2012 for advice on that NRG.

This current SR125 was green and I just used to get it out a couple of times a year for a blast on two wheels just for fun.

I've seen the values skyrocket recently so decided it was time to look after her properly. She was stripped of her hideous green panels which were sent off for respraying in the NIK Grey scheme usually found on SR50's. The frame was rust treated and the engine was rebuilt at Motoretta in Halifax, they also rebuilt the forks along with a new exhaust and engine mounts fitting and a few other small repairs. It's also had two new ContiTwist tyres and the wheels powder coated.

Just today I've fit the mirrors and got the indicators working (bad connection on OSF bulb to holder) and got the headlight working (blown bulb) so now it's ready for its MOT, as soon as I can find time to get it in!

My DP is how it looks now, in my dining room where the panelling up took place over two evenings. What fun...!!

Attached Files:

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Bike Looks Lovley I have also just fitted the conti twist tyers too and can say the grip is very reassuring

Edit: wish I could keep my bike indoors lol

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  3. RLH5

RLH5 New Member

Good stuff I was hoping they were good. Heard that Continental are great for grip but don't last very long which is fine by me as I won't do much mileage on them anyway and would rather have max grip where possible!

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Yeah my bike is a pure pleasure thing so how long the tyers last dosnt matter to me