Hello an old member returns!! Need advice on NRG50.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by thecheekythomas, Jul 19, 2021.

1. thecheekythomas

thecheekythomas New Member

Hello everyone, I've registered a new account as I can't remember my old account password, and can't access the email used to reset it... My old account says I was last active 2011, where does time go to???

I see lots of old names I remember, and plenty of new ones, so a big hello to you all.

Right been a lot of years since I left the piaggio dealership, and need some advice getting things sorted for my daughter as the big 16 has arrived and we live miles from anywhere so she's brought a 2010 NRG power.

The original exhaust is dead, rotten, catalyst rattles about, tatty as owt so it's going to be replaced, just a bog std leovince TT is the plan, nothing fancy, it's never going to be a race bike. Factory jet is a 58 and I'm sure we used to run 64 instead.

But then I wondered about putting a low rpm 70kit on for some extra torque as we live in very hilly Cumbria, what do you guys think of daily running a 70 kit 40 miles per day? (20 each way to college) obviously I was thinking cast iron, twin ring... Who's is the best lowest revving kit, I'm not wanting it to be fast, just maintain the speed it has. I saw budget kits like naraku and thought might be ok, I guess the budget kits are badly ported so like stock just with more capacity, if so that's kind of what I want, but polini is only £50 more and should be much better quality, but I guess it's gonna rev harder, and therefore want more transmission changes etc... Opinions please.

If you think polini, with a TT pipe would be ok on stock transmission, gearing etc, what's a ball park jetting area, low 80s?