Headlight not working can't figure it out for the life of me

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Adam everitt, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Adam everitt

Adam everitt New Member

I could really do with some help. My moped headlight (pulse scout 50) has stopped working both low and high dip. Ive replaced the headlight many times didn't work.
    The headlight socket isnt getting any voltage. The stator is working fine and every other light works.
    The sphagetti of wired are confusing me and im not sure where to check or what to check to see where the power stops.

Any help would be great:) Adam

2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

All the power goes through the headlamp switch/main/dip so you'll need to see if you have power at the switch.
    If no power is reaching the switch then check the connections further back.
    These will probably be behind the front panel on the legshield.
    It could be an earth problem? There may be a fuse gone?
    file:///C:/Users/gilburton/Downloads/50cc_Wiregram_AC.pdf

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. Adam everitt

Adam everitt New Member

Heya thanks I've just checked the grounds and they seem to all be okay. There dosnt seem to be any power getting to the headlamp dip switch :/

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

You'll probably need to open up the front of the legshield and find the connector that goes to the switch and see if any power is getting to that.
    If not just note the wiring colours and follow it back checking any connectors as you go.
    I assume the headlight is always on when the engine is running so it may be powered from the ignition switch.
    It's usually just a bad connection or earth.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. Adam everitt

Adam everitt New Member

The headlight has a selector on the right handlebar switch to turn it on or off I'm unsure what wires give power to the headight there are so many

6. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

To be honest in that case you are going to have to find someone who can help you out.