Gov plans to allow learners on motorways

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tamiyacowboy, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    learner car drivers could be allowed to learn to drive on motorways if the gov gets its way.

BUT WAIT ..........

motorcycles and those on CBT would also be updated to the new law allowing them to the right to drive on motor ways but would nodoubt require extra learning and testing ( theory tests)

what on earth is this gov thinking allowing 30mph machines onto a motorway. i ride a 50cc scooter and i poop my pants even when riding down dual carageways your doing like 30-40mph when other cars are traveling at around 60-70mph, a combined speed crach at those speeds means the learner riders have no chance of survival.

Gov should lift the restriction on 50cc than rather allow us to ride motorways !!!!

Link to story on bbc news : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38464776

2. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Thats why theyre doing it the goverment doesnt want you to live they want more deaths they dont want as many people living as old as people are living because it costs them more £££ same thing why they cut spending on housing for homeless they want those people to die same reason why they wont put more money into NHS

3. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    loads of cheap labour , now from ex isis workers

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    to what i can gather from the vagueness given.

125cc cbt motorcycles : learners if in a motorway catchment area will have the chance to practice motorway riding, as long as they are accompanied my a tutor.
    50cc cbt scooters/motorcycles will stay the same, no motorway travel at all even if under tutor , the speed they travel is to low and you would be aressted/ given warning for traveling to slowly.

if a provisonal rider gains more than 6 points on licence the CBT IS REVOKED , efectively your banned until you re-sit a cbt ( wouldnt put it past gov to say its an extended cbt, more money to them ).

so only need you to be caught with two slick tyres and your effectively hanging by a noose , ( 3 points per tyre ) a bit strong in my eyes, and puts a huge amount of extra work on dvla ( dvla took 2 months to return my licence to me, i had to refrain from riding and still had to pay out insurance on scoot over that time, never even got a sorry for the delay/mess they had caused, (dvla issued a licence in my name to some other oink, then revoked my original licence what i was using at the time )

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Seems to me that the motorway issue is going to be creating a tiered system,from what i've gathered over the last couple of days - eventually it's only going to be the cream of drivers & riders who are going to have access.

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yes mark and those in a Mway catchment, my nearest mway is the A11-M11 down near stanstead a blooming long way from norwich 86 miles and a hour n fourty mins ride ( we aint got no motorways round ere lol , thank god ).

its going to be a sucker punch for younguns to. every cbt company round here has 50cc scooters only for cbt ( no 50cc geared bikes at all ) so unless a youngun has a 50cc geared they going to be automaticly restricted to a auto scoot only. i cannot see cbt companys expanding the 50cc range they will just stick with 50cc scooters.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    now i have pedro i will use my own scoot, but to what i know you have to take your insurance and mot to prove its road fit and your insured , sometime isnuarance wont cover you for taking the cbt. im in two minds if i should use my own or just use theirs . saves me fuel in the long run. im 12 mile from cbt center then theres a good whole afternoon run out so thats near on a full tank gone before i even get back to center and have to fill up to get back home.

8. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    Not all provisional holders own slow 50ccs. I think its good idea if you own a fast scooter.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

9. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    I have family which id like to ride to but I can't because of motorways

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Quite frankly i think motorway riding should be taught, but it shouldnt cost extra.
    For the record you can drive across the uk without using motorways...

11. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    they wont allow 50cc on a motorway top speed 30-45mph , you would get pulled over for traveling to slow.

125cc yeah i could see this but no way 50cc's thats just putting the rider and tutor at an unsafe risk full stop.