gotta rx100 to buzz about on

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by hairyjim, Mar 5, 2015.

1. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    finally got some wheels.1995 rx100.needs a few bits but nothing major.tyres,front brake shoes,all the bulbs and a battery ...speedo cable..simple stuff.engine is good but has a few rattles.photos hi...jim..

2. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

yay, nice wee bikes- well the rxs100 anyway

3. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    it is a bit on the short side but it does fly abit,well,with a handfull and a tired rider.got some work to do on it but i aint gonna be doing anything major to it.maybe a chamber..had a look on BHP forum over here in a few threads.there's a man near here in Chennai that makes them .£20.00(twenty)

4. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

excellent. Im actually going to look at a suzuki ax100 myself in next few days. Similar sort of thing, was imported and never sold in uk. Fancy the small cc geared experience.

Indian market should have had the rxs135 as well if you fancy a bit more go. Best to see if its a straight forward top end swap or if crank is different too.

5. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    the 135 barrel fits the 100 but the 135 had a 5 speed box later in its final incarnation.can be tuned quite reliably for quite hairy power

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Or tuned by Hairy for power.;).

Nathanael likes this.
  7. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    like it mk.if I could get them to understand the 2t principal ide be half way there.having some tyres fitted at the mo and enjoying a Moroccan woodbine.

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Golden Virginia + Tescos coffee at the 'mo - gotta protect the job,grrumble.;).

9. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    WP_20150308_011.jpg feel for ya..yer right...oil change and tyres /brakes sorted.speedo works but no long run yet to gauge accurately.gotta do the 2t tank.second h,light bulb blown in two days..got a vibe problem ..the roads are shite...see if I can load up a pic...otherwise Ile have to "share " to f.b and see it there

10. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    WP_20150308_005.jpg Woo hoo it uploads

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I am not jealous,i am not jealous,i am (keep going,gotta turn sausages over.).:).

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Tyre on back of my Tgb is worse.!.,just had front pads replaced last week - that's given me a couple of extra car lengths.;).

13. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    wont let me load with out a comment.one of the engine.

Attached Files:

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    bar lever was 40p and a full speedo cable was 72p ..brake shoes are a killer £1.75

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

is that a sword under the steering head? they share lots of parts with the DT i beleive... i just bought a 4th bike (6 if you count the 2 under my balcony) SUNP0194.JPG what happened to the days of C90s being cheap! i payed 500 for that!

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    hi scub.the bar is an Enfield bullet crash bar.handy for hitting people with too.ive clean the chrome and it ain't too bad..guards need replacing and a few tweeks here and there.on the cub side of things....mmmm.my day it was impossible to find a c50/70 for more than £250/300.cant really remember paying over £100 for any of mine.wagrs of the time wouldn't allow it.