Goop and related products

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MrXT, Jul 5, 2020.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Has any one here tried this stuff or other tyre fillers? do they work? what is it like when you eventually change the tyre does it make a huge mess or does it set to the inside of the tyre nicely?

My rear tyre has a leak and i just cant seem to find the dam hole i even submerged the tyre in box with a bin bag liner and rolled the tyre around in it and nothing. Tried washing up liquid foam around the valve and sides of the tyre and nothing but im losing a few psi each day so theres defo a leak so im residing to this goop shit in the hope it finally sorts the issue. Its a brand new tyre so dont really want to replace it.

2. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Id begin with replacing the valve. And check the rimwalls. Otherwise. The spraycan you buy from carshops might work, on issues like this. Its a big hype in the mountain biking world, to run tubeless tyres. And they use this kind of sealants to seal the tyres, and they even seal minor holes i the tyre. with a more documented effect. Try either one out, not much to lose

3. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I use this on my scoot and car
    Alley wheels seem to leak and very slowly go down
    Normally the rim where the tyre seals gets corroded and lifts the bead up causing a tiny leak
    I just break the bead rub the rim with fine sandpaper, paint on the stuff and blow back up
    It works
    just one thing, keep indoors as frost can muck it up

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patch-Ru...321062?hash=item2accaa05a6:g:gj0AAOSwGupc5uM3

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Ultraseal. We used to use on the moto-x bikes

5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Thanks for the replies all, guess ill just give it a shot since i bought it already.