Going up hills

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ellismit101, May 25, 2017.

1. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Hi guys has anyone ever experienced when riding up a steep hill and youre moped starts to bump and slows down ive took it up to dealership and he said its the spark plug so he changed it and its kept doing same a few hours later

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That's why they call them stealers; they know nothing except how to screw cash out of you.
    All bikes slow down up hills to some extent, changing the spark plug ain't gonna help that.
    Slightly heavier rollers are easier for the engine to throw out, but it could cost on initial acceleration and speed build up.
    What set-up does your scooter have currently?

scubabiker likes this.
  3. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

You had problems back in April did you get them sorted?
    You only bought the AJS Firefox a few months ago is it a new one?

4. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Yeah got them sorted and yep its 3 months old, got it destrictred the other day before going up to dealership to get it done i was riding up a hill and it kept pulling jumping n slowing down on it self and same again last night but it cut out automatically

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

"got it destrictred the other day before going up to dealership to get it done i was riding up a hill and it kept pulling jumping n slowing down on it self and same again last night but it cut out automatically"

Maybe symptoms of a rev restrcited cdi perhaps?

6. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Is this a 2 stroke? It sounds a bit like a seizure? Either that or a fuel problem>

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  7. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

2 stroke it is

8. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Have you noticed the oil not going down?

9. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Got half a tank of oil in

10. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

What I'm trying to find out is if the oil is still going down the oil pump must be ok.
    If it isn't going down(less than usual for your normal use) it might indicate a failure and hence a possible seizure.
    Only ther thing might be fuel starvation eg dirt in carb or blocked fuel filter.

11. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Oh I thought it was malaguti fire fox... AJS:confused:!?

12. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Put some more oil in yesterday turned engine on was running fine for couple of mins then just cut off and wouldn't start after

13. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Next time it stops or doesn't start, whip out the spark plug and see if you have a spark.
    If you have a spark try and get a small amount of fuel in the spark plug hole(use a tube) about a thimble full not too much.
    Replace plug and see if it starts

14. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Everything is sorted the problem was that yhe fuel pipe got stuck and squashed down and not enough fuel was going down towards the engine. It only happend when i was going over pot holes last week