Gilera Storm 50cc

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by lh1992, Mar 10, 2019.

1. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    Hello guys. The spring is coming so I decided to upgrade my scooter. Its full stock now. It goes around 70-75kph. I am thinking about getting sport exhaust(leo vince TT), lighter rollers (around 5-6g) clutch springs malossi yellow and torque spring malossi green. The goal is to get +10kph and faster acceleration. Will these things do the job or I should get 70cc kit.
    I am open for any suggestions.

PS. Excuse me if I have some mistakes. I am foreigner. Cheers.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds like that would be a good setup

3. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    Thinking of buying spring bell 107mm too. Ima cut the variator case so it can fit.
    More opinions about this setup, please. Do you think it will get +10kph?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah I think so. Changing the exhaust will make a big difference,that is where the most power gains are.
    Where are you from?
    We have a few other members from other countries.
    Im in Norway.

5. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    Bulgaria

scubabiker likes this.
  6. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    hey, sorry for bothering. how can i get in touch with you to ask you some questions about scootertunnig. cheers!

7. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

On this forum! You're already in the right place.

lh1992 likes this.
  8. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    yea i know. i meant PM cuz i didnt want to open a new thread and ask stupid Qs.

I have a problem with figuring out what torque spring and clutch spring should i put. i have 70cc kit some taiwanian crap, leo vince tt stock 12mm carb and 5.7g of rollers. I know its all about testing but either it overrevs or the rpms are too low. i have white and green(60%) mallossi torque springs, and the mallosi clutch set white green(60%) and yellow(50%) as well as 15% blue pollini. im waiting for delivery on 30% torque and clutch springs...

at the moment im running yellow clutch springs and whiter torque. after 10-15mph it runs pretty solid but before thats its dead.

also when i start the scooter i let it warm up and when i start to ride the first 10-20 sec it just doesnt run well and moves barely after that i continue with throttle on and off and its starts to run okay.

everything is brand new. any suggestions?

milo2025 likes this.
  9. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Save your self all that hassle of guessing mix matched set ups and get your self a Malossi mutivar complete kit And the white clutch springs

You won’t be disappointed costs about £60

10. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    next mounth i will get it but wont i need to set up the clutch springs and torque spring too?

11. Sam phantom

No it all comes with it ready to go and balanced perfectly. except for White springs for the clutch and I’d get the Malossi drive belt to match

milo2025 and lh1992 like this.
  12. Sam phantom

Google mallosi mutivar

13. lh1992

lh1992 New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Storm 50
    mate i know what malossi multivar 2000 comes with :D. i was just wondering that i wont need to set up the clutch springs. cheers.

14. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Mate obviously you will need to set up clutch springs. Read Sam's post again :p (Correct me if I'm wrong Sam)

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    lh1992 and Sam phantom like this.
  15. Sam phantom

You mentioned setting the torque spring up also, hence why said it comes with every thing ready to go out the box and to google it. the clutch springs don’t need to be stiff at all on your set up white clutch spring would do fine. There’s no trying to get the correct gram rollers ect ready to go out the box:)

lh1992 likes this.
  16. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Get rid of the standard 12mm carb and fit a Dellorto 17.5mm instead.
    The carb, TT pipe and Malossi variator should see around 88-90kmph with the standard clutch, just change springs for perfect take off.

lh1992 likes this.