Gilera Runner VX tuning

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by ErduanB, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ErduanB

ErduanB New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner VX125
    Whats the best thing i can improve my gilera runner vx 51 plate acceleration? variotor, rollers etc.?

2. creditz

creditz Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 50 AC
    Re: Gilera Runner

50 or 125?

Put a kit on it lol

3. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate

Is it a 2t or 4t ?? Generally 172 or 70cc iron kit. Nice exhaust and variator.

4. brettfield999

brettfield999 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 172
    Gilera Runner

Vx is a 125, 180 or 200cc 4t. Don't waste money on a loid pipe, that's for sure

5. ErduanB

ErduanB New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner VX125

i was thinking to get a multivar 2000 or polinis variator but dont know if it really improves acceleration that much, so i dont wanna waste 100 pounds on something that doesnt even do nothing

6. ErduanB

ErduanB New Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner VX125

a 4t since its a vx not sp or fx

7. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate

Not worked with runners so wasn't sure. My bad. Not too sure all you can really do is pipe/200kit/variator.

8. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

If it's a 125 vx then nothing really. 4 Strokes don't tune well. You have to spend huge amounts to get gains. Much easier is to either buy a bigger engined bike or transplant a larger engine in. They are near impossible to find however.

9. RIGZ.172

RIGZ.172 Member

Rides:
    camel
    malossi 210 bore kit would just about give it more power and an exhaust but these alone would cost over £500 and your not getting much so its not worth it tbh

10. antooli

antooli New Member

Can anyone answer this pleaes? does it realy make a diffrence?

If so can you achieve the same result by changing the roller weights in the original? or is there some 'super duper' engineering factor that the polini has?

thanks... (I'm a newbie to the forum) :thumbsup:

11. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Simple fact is with 4 strokes if you want more power either spend a huge amount of buy a larger cc bike. There is no such thing as as small amount of money for gains on a 4 stroke.

12. antooli

antooli New Member

So it's all or nothing. Cheers. Taken on board :)

13. 4strokerunner2005

4strokerunner2005 Member

Rides:
    gilera vxr200

Just seen the topic pal. I had a vx125 for about 3 years, i bought the malossi multivar and the pm61 pipe, with malossi kevlar belts. The variator improved acceleration with lighter rollers i used between 9 and 12 gram rollers u will have to experiment their 19x17 and the cheapest place to get them is beedspeed. The pm61 pipe was expensive at 280 odd quid but it looks mint and it also improved acceleration plus im still using it now on my 200. The 210s are not worth buying on there own (never tried but been told) because they dont last unless u spend hundreds and hundreds on everything else like powercams.