Gilera runner sp 50

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by paul2k11, Jun 10, 2018.

1. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Hi guys I need help with my new scooter I bought as project and needed head gasket which I put on. The bike is all standard other than the race pipe which is a Leo Vince zx anyway I started up tool a while but fired up and ticking over. I rev to set off and it steadily moves until about half throttle then suddenly kicks in and goes? I checked jet it had a 60 I thought I'd try 70 to match exhaust but still same the rollers weigh 5.6. Any ideas to get it setting off as soon as I rev. Thanks

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    You can't have it driving as soon as you rev it, check for heavier clutch springs in the clutch. Any 2 stroke will have to rev to get in it's power band , maybe it's the characteristics ofthe pipe? A std pipe will make it easier to ride at a lower rpm.

paul2k11 likes this.
  3. paul2k11

paul2k11 Member

Thanks would heavier rollers Help? I know they can take a bit to get going but this is a bit too long to set off I'm thinking maybe open airfilter or keep standard and just get standard exhaust for it like you said it may run better with one.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Std air filter, std pipe works fine. If you won't to keep the zx pipe then you need to find out what it needs to work, rollers/clutch etc. there's no base setting, every engine is different !