Gilera runner sp 50 electrical nightmare

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by luke.russell.771, May 10, 2016.

1. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Just a quick one is the white wire meant to be giving 12 v out the ignition or recieving it ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

I mean the brake light switch with the 12v feed from battery i coonected wire from + to the white and red wire and it worked brake light lit up when i pressed brake and starter motor spun when i pressed the starter button

3. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Red and white feeds 12v to the ignition switch and should connect to your ignition switch's black and blue wire. White comes out of the ignition and feeds to the white of the bike's wiring loom.

4. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Stupid question - can you see a fuse holder in the red wire coming from the battery and is the fuse OK? The red and white wire is fed via this fuse from the battery and it sounds like it works when you by-passed the fuse to the red and white wire.

The starter motor wires have no fuse in them.

5. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Im lost now lol what could be causing me to not recieve power to the switches but when i directly power a switch from battery it works but i have 12v coming out ignition switch so cant be that either lol im stumped this loom came of a running working bike lol so it has to be something in mine for both looms to be doing it

6. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Fuse seems fine as reads 12 v throughout the horn works all the time when ignition on so would that elimate fuse issues

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Ok, if you connect 12v direct from the battery to the rear light (black and white wire) the starter runs. What you don't have right now is 12v from the battery to the red and white wire that feeds the clocks, horn and ignition switch. Follow the red and white wire back to near the battery and you'l possibly see it connect up with a blue wire and a fuse holder. I don't know if the fuse holder is a white one with a glass fuse or the blade fuse type that cars use, it could be either.

8. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Its a blade fuse thats whats confusing me though as ive got 12 v going into the ignition switch and 12v coming out and my horn works fine just seems to be brake light switches indicators and electric start and clock that recieve no power but ive pulled my old loom apart and there all fed power from the same white wire that splits off into seperate sections

9. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Have you got a green wire coming up from the loom to near the ignition switch? Black is earth, so I just want to know if you have a green wire nearby.

10. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Not to sure now will have to check tmorrow when i finish work as got work at 5 am so had to leave bike how it is atm but merlin you have been such a massive help so far and im sure with a littlw more persaverance this moped might actually work again lmao ill check the old loom tmorrow and get straight back to you

11. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

I have a green wire going into the ignition switch if thats what you mean mate

12. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I agree with what you see on the old loom, white feeds the clocks, horn etc. Do you have white, red/white, green and black coming up from your new loom to where the ignition switch should connect in?

13. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Nah mate i have white,green, black and a blue/black no red and white from ignition switch
    Edited to make sence lol

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  14. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Same as old loom other than bkue and black was blue and orange on old loom

15. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Just a thought as noticed my clocks have a 12v in and out same as my ignition switch if they were broken could that be causing my electrical issues as everythings displayed on the digital dash

16. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Time to post the Gilera wiring diagram. I think that this will help.

Attached Files:

17. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I'm tempted to think that the relay regulator has blown. The regulator incorporates the turn signal relay and that would be needed to feed 12v to the indicators and make them blink, with the voltage to feed them coming from the alternator.

18. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Merlin pleased to announce that i now have all eletrics working clocks are broken no display but now i turn key i have power to indicators break lights and everything else 12v going into clock just no display lol but after all that it was that the oil level sender wasnt plugged in didnt know that would cause this but then i thought back to you said something picks up off this connection so i thought id try it lol

Merlin and Stevep like this.
  19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Well done you and Merlin.

20. luke.russell.771

luke.russell.771 Member

Done my head in lol all i got to do know is find a cheap set of clocks to fit and then i can reassemble and send it for its first ever mot lol