Gilera Runner Polini Evolution Project...

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by *James*, Dec 7, 2006.

1. *James*

*James* New Member

Orite everyone...

Just got a Gilera runner 50 to tune for my 16th birthday, which is in May so I've got a while, basically its an R reg, and yeah i did say R lol :D as you can see its very clean for its age, done around 1600 miles, and has been stored for ages, starts first time-every time, still restricted but wont be for long. An thats about it really for now, my plans for it are are full Polini evolution set-up i.e. Polini Evo barrel & crank, porting [done by the one and only lmao], 25mm carb, Yasuni c21 etc you get the drift.

Tell me what you think.
    BTW sorry about the quality of the pictures, will get more uploaded soon...

Oh and one small thing :D i got it for £380.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*James*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Update
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this project hasn't been moving so i decided to spend some of the money i had saved, and get a few bits that i need before my engine can be ported. I received a parcel from SIP today....

[​IMG]

Ordered

- Polini Evolution 2 crank.
    - SKF crank bearings & seals.
    - Water pump repair kit
    - Oil pump belt [EDIT- Not needed now as I'm running premix]
    - Few tools, i.e. Variator tool & Clutch tool.

Hopefully the engine will be going to minor soon to be ported and rebuilt etc. And then it shouldn't be long before i have the rest of my parts. :D

*James*

-Update

Been a while since i last got parts so i ordered a few bits and this arrived this morning.
    [​IMG]

And had this...

[​IMG]

And this...

[​IMG]

Inside. :D

My Polini Evolution 2 bore kit & Yasuni C21 exhaust.

My engine is out of my bike at the moment and I'm taking it to minors tomorrow for him to work his magic on the engine lol then ill order my other bits and my engine should be near enough complete apart from a few tweaks. so I'm well happy lol :bird:

*James*

-Update

Picked my engine up today from minor after being ported :pimp: looks sick, cant wait to get the rest of the engine done, carb, variator gear-up etc. LOL i even got my very own MRT Developments sticker and a signature on the cylinder :w00t:

Picture he took when it was all put together: [Crank, Bore kit, Exhaust]
    [​IMG]
    :drool: :drool:

More updates to follow very soon, ordering my carb, manifold and air filter [maybe gear-up] end of this week/start of next week.

*James*

-Update

Right, this project will be coming to an end very shortly, ordered everything i need from scooter attack/scooter center/sip scooter shop... and hoping the orders will be with me this week and ill post some pictures of the bits.

Anyway, put the engine in today after i received my engine bolt, [very quickly i might add.... cheers minor for getting it to me soo quick, :p ... Cough cough]

heres a few pictures: sorry about the quality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also put the Yasuni sticker on my bike now so ill take a picture tomorrow when its light out...

As Promised... :cool:

[​IMG]

So expect to see videos of it running etc VERY SOON! :bird:

P.s: Cheers to -Grant- for the help today. :pimp: :beer:

*James*

-Update

Right, got one of my orders through today from scooter center :cool:

[​IMG]

Polini power... :drool: lol.

[​IMG]

Not sure if I'm gonna end up using this... don't know if i like it better than standard.
    [​IMG]

But yeah this is what came, just incase anyone cares...

-Dell Orto PHBL[bs] 25mm carb & few little bits with it i.e. choke.
    -Polini Evo clutchbell [cough thanks terro cough... lol minor will know :bird:]
    -BCD black front panel
    -BGM rollers: 4.75g and 5.25g
    -Malossi MHR manifold
    -Polini 2G adjustable clutch
    -Polini carbon fiber reed sheet [to cut reeds out for my vforce3 reedblock]
    -Polini speed kit variator
    -Polini primary gear-up
    -Polini secondary gear-up
    -Smoked lenses
    -Fighter look optic part for the headlight

I'm still waiting on orders from SIP for 2 piston rings, gaskets and bearings and Scooter Attack for my vforce3 reedblock, polini donkey dick air filter and my jets for the carb... and once they come it will be set-up and ill get some videos and pictures up.

*James*

:bird:

-Update

Got my order from scooter attack today. [which was VERY quick delivery once it was sent out]

[​IMG]

As you can see, got my filter, reedblock and a few jets.

And if it wasnt for me having to send back my primary gear input shaft then the bike would have been running today :rtfm: but yeah, it will be running as soon as the gear up shaft comes....

Some of the reed block in case any of you are interested in buying one, BTW if you do decide to buy it, make sure you order a carbon fiber reed sheet, as these ones that come with it are SHIT...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the picture quality, if anyone wants anymore of certain parts feel free to ask...

*James*

-Update

Small update.

Minor came today to set the bike up, had a good laugh lol...but yeah he set it up SWEET...pulls like a train lol and the sound is :drool: ... ill get pictures/videos tomorrow.

cheers minor :punk:

MRT Developments FTW. :bird:

*James*

2. *James*

*James* New Member

you really should read it carefully minor :D , only jokin mate i edited my post, but i paid ?380 for it which i fought was a good deal.

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    jesus, thats tidy!!!!

bargain of the century.

4. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

wow never thought it would be that clean :confused:hock: great buy, cant wait to see it tuned up :ped:

kcnw9

5. tweak

tweak Member

clean as a whistlle, a good buy and well fought that man! just keep us informed...

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    nobody spoted its the RARE drum lc version yet no?

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    is that rare becausemostof them have been written off by the average 16 year-old bike killer (not stereotyping as i was one too)?

or were there just not that many made?

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well, how many 108mm drum runner wheels do you see? :D there just verry low production in england and the ac runners are UUUUUBER fucking rare. the good point about them is they are the only way your gonna get runner wheels on a drum nrg/old shape typh lump... i looked for over a year for one

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    tobe quite honest i've never really given it much thought, was never into the piaggio powered 50s. but yeah, now i think about it, all the runners i have seen have been disc.

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    even the 125 runners came in a drum on certian moddles but there not neerly as rare.. still been offered 100 quid for my 200mm drum runner wheel tho :D

11. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

bloody ell lol, for ?380 thats a bargain :confused:hock:

nice to see another u16 with a project scoot lol

sam :cool:

12. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    my mate had a v reg runner 50 with rear drum. dunno what size. the colour is really unique never seen one like it :w00t:

13. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    We can safely say James wins the bargain of the month award!

14. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Do i get bargain of the decade and ben gets scam of the decade?

15. *James*

*James* New Member

16. gazell

gazell Active Member

sweet..cant wait to see what the finished engnine is gonna be kickin out

so far so bloody good son

17. *James*

*James* New Member

Update...Page 1 :cool:

18. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

:drool: That C21 is the sex. :drool:

You have got to give me a race/go when it's done. :p

19. *James*

*James* New Member

Lol, Yeah course you can have a go mate IF I CAN HAVE A GO ON YOURS & YOU HURRY UP WITH THE X-BOX GAMES :p :bird: :D

Oh and my engines at minors now i dropped it off today and I'm going to pick it up on Monday hopefully :cool:. He showed me an engine he is currently doing with the same bore kit as mine and showed me a video of one without the clutch set-up :drool: All i can say is i cant wait for mine to be done. :punk:

*James*

20. *James*

*James* New Member

Update, page 1 mo fo's :bird: