gilera runner conversion

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by moansss, Apr 16, 2008.

1. moansss

moansss Member

well i bought this bike yesterday with plans to put i 125 engine in

this is how it looked when i bought it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    box of bits i got with it
    [​IMG]

started to strip the bike down and give it a little clean. this is what it looked like after day one
    [​IMG]

engine out and ready to go
    [img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa220/moansss/16042008135.jpg

started to sand down the front panel, i decided to filler over where the badge should be.
    nearly finished sanding
    [​IMG]

close up of the fillering
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 28/04
    Today i went to pick up some new forks witch also came with spare legs. look like there in good condition with no leaks or rust :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE 20/05
    got my engine with with sopposedly pm pipe which turned out to be a tekniwank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bought some vht paint a sprayed the exhaust this is how its looking now
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 22/05
    Got the engine mounted. i think it looks good how it is now lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know what you think

2. superped

superped New Member

Rides:
    italjet dragster 172
    orange wud look realy nice mate with that bike

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    or go buy a 125... WHY do people do such POUINTLESS and ILLEGAL things?

4. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

hes right , if you get caught with a 125 engine in a 50 , you well and truly fucked in the ass by a 10 inch cock

your better off doin it up and selling it , and buying a 125 with the cash when your 17 , or fittin a 125 engine , but re-registering it as a 125 , and not get done for fraud , driving without insurance , driving without a liscence , because then youl be getting the bus for the next year (if you can afford it after all the fines)

5. moansss

moansss Member

whats the chances of getting cought though?

ben

6. alex_1966

alex_1966 New Member

how many times have you seen old bill when youve been driving ?

theyre gona see a 50 doin 70mph , do you think theyl find that curious at all ?

also if you have a crash your fucked , engine and frame numbers wont match, its not worth the risk especially since you will have to wait less than a year

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    fact is you need to change everything except the frame an pannels (the 50 mount isnt really ment to be cut about afterall and they only last a few months befor there all wobbely)

so the frame an petrol tank is the only thing left as your pans need doing anyway.. so go buy a 125 frame.. with the right rad/inner rad pannel and pipes.. find a loom and an engine an build it.. will have a runner 50 to sell that way an all youve had to do is buy a 125 frame. see where im goin with this? also what is gonna happen to the 50 bits? aint gonna sell em as theres millions about still. moped to motorcycle conversion when you turn 17 is an sva test aswell as a fresh mot ontop of that its modified and insurance will be twice that of a 50

if you want a runner 125 buy one.. only reason to do a conversion is to a bike you cant buy with a 125 engine. even then it costs more in the end to get it legal.

trust me, adding up all the bits you need to convert the 50 means it costs more, will be more to insure, will be bodged together as its the wrong frame and you will be lucky to find a decent loom nowadays.

another one of those "cheapskate ped owners trying to get sommin on the cheap" get a job, buy a nice bike then fuck about with it

8. moansss

moansss Member

well ive been told the engine doesnt work and leaks coolent from the variator side. so i thought i might aswell get a 125 engine and do a conversion

ben

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, but its not that simple.. and would be cheaper to fix, sell and buy a 125..

dont think i havent done millions of these befor now. i speak from experience. want a 125? go buy one.. cheaper than in bits (people break them an sell bits as there worth more.. make sence yet?)

all im sayin is a leak from the variator is a waterpump kit and a rebuild.. gives you chance to rebuild an engine you dont really care about and can replace if needed...

your NOT gonna build a 125 runner from a 50 cheaper than you would a 125. you need EVERY part like i said a million times.
    you wont listen tho as everyone listens to sence only to ignor it.

10. lol

lol New Member

i have done a 50 to a 125 and u cant even tell it was a 50 u try and name 1 thing on my 50 /125 that any normal 125 aint got but if the police cacth u on a 70 they still r gona fuck u at 126 u r only aloud to ride a 50 no matter if its a 51 u r not in sured buts its not worth it as sum police no they bikes and they will no a 50 to a 125 i am gona reregister my 50 as a 125 this week but good luck

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i can spot a conversion from an avitar pic m8.. the FRAME IS DIFF

if every bit is off a 125 why not buy one?
    oh, and the fact its a moped on the loggy and a motorcycle means it can be crushed on the spot. basicly this thread should be "how to ring a runner"

12. lol

lol New Member

well i only done myconversion because my mate crashed his 180 so i brought it of him and i am regestring it as a 125 this week

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so whens the sva test gojnna be done.. nrg's can sneek through as its a typh chassis so the chassis prefix can be applyd to both. where as your runner has smaller brakes, smaller forks and so on so WONT be re registerd as a 125 without a 150 quid test... (frame is cheaper)

good luck with it tho m8... just wasting money and scrapping a 50- for the sake of keeping a couple pannels and the wrong frame.. last im gonna say tho as some people just wont be told

14. lol

lol New Member

yh i no wat u r say but on a log book its got a little slip saying modifactions (ie) new engine numbers and engine size and couler and things like that so if i fill one out wat will they say about it

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you think im retarded or sommin.. try it yourself.. or mabey read back the entire topic.. they WONT just convert it from a 50 to a 125 as the breaks and suspention are moped grade...

nrg can get away with it somtimes.. but usually needs a shop recipt for the work.

your basicly gonna have an entire 50 runner in bits in your garden by the time you bought the lot so why not just BUILD A 125 FROM PARTS COMPLETLY instead of fucking about with a 50 frame... TOTALLY pointless

16. lol

lol New Member

ok u name 1 thing on my bike that is from a 50 if u no every think

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    u fuckin dohnut.. the enfgine mount/cradle is missing... look at the front engine bolt, if theres just a nut an the engine its a conversion, if theres a plate over the engine with the bolt ontop its a 125 with the RIGHT MOUNT.. also yours aint got a centrestand or a place for one.. so yes i can tell the diff on your biuke.. if it has got a centrestand/engine cradle its a ringer an your frame aint what you thjink it is.

18. Concept

Concept New Member

Wow.... this guy is getting smashed for something almost everybody on this forum has done themselves.

Going too far into this Minor. Give the guy some slack? Aslong as he isnt using nicked bits I say good luck with the project.

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, im not saying "dont ever do conversions@ just saying he will end up with the bike completly in bits without a single part used for the 125.. why do a conversion when you can just buy one? absoloutly pointless.. yours is about the only exception as its the only way you can get any kind of decent pipe on an sr.

ether way "lol" was just trying to get arsey an test me.. ye i do know everything an i hate that facty.. wouldent have to hold everyones hand and have people argue with pure reason.. :msn1:

20. lol

lol New Member

well at the end of the day its hes bike he can do wat he wants with it hope u aint saying that i am yousing stolen parts coz nothink is stollen on my bike at all and yes i have got plates on the out sine of the engine caseing mad a bracket up :bird: