Gilera Runner 50Sp tuning

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Matic1234, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Matic1234

Matic1234 Member

I want to buy a Gilera Runner 50 Sp. I found a Runner Sp 2006 that has 18k km. Is 2006 too old? Is 18k km too much? The panels are like new. If i buy it I will replace the cylinder kit (What are some good cylinder kits 70cc and 50cc?), rollers, belt and probaly variator and clutch. Is the polini speed control good for a 50cc runner and is it good for a 70cc or is malossi multivar better. Are there any other good variators? What clutch should i buy? If i will buy a 70cc kit I want something simillar to the Naraku kit which will work with the original cylinder head and exhaust. What is the fuel consumption with that kit? Is it ok if I use the original exhaust with a kit? I dont want a sports exhaust because of police. Are there any exhaust that look simmilar to the original one but are derestricted like the sitoplus exhaust for the original runner?

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Leave it standard, just de-restrict it.
    They're good for 55mph in that form, no other mods necessary.
    Only change the piston barrel when the current one screws up, otherwise you need to go through all the running in procedure, jetting, roller balancing stuff. Major pain in the rear.