Gilera Runner 300 4T Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Davey.Boy, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Davey.Boy

Davey.Boy Member

Heres a diagram of the 'Dual Fire Pulse Divider'...
    [​IMG]

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you cant double the signal given off from the cdi.. doubeling it is impossible wihtout flashing the chip in the clocks...something left to a heavily experienced electronics expert, ie, nobody about that would do it for the money its worth.

the only way to get it reading right would be to fit a cdi that is suited to the engine (ie a 4t cdi) that has a lazy spark (as in fires each rotation) as this would then have one spark per revolution not one spark per cycle.. hard fucking work tho as you would need to have the ignition read/mapped, then written to a blank ecu with the lazy spark programmed in... a 2t cdi would be of no use as the ignition curves are prittymuch completly opposit.

just gonna have to live wiht it i think... if anyone has more info on this or using them wiht a 4t please do share it, as it is such a pain they dont have a lil switch on the back like most tacho's you can buy

3. Davey.Boy

Davey.Boy Member

Thanks for the advice Minor, it seems a bit of a downsight by Koso that they only designed them to work with the 2 strokes, most of there other 'Universal' Clocks have all sorts of settings to adjust.
    I think I'll get the loom sorted and come back to the clocks later down the line.
    I've now rebuild the project into a 2005 Purejet Frame, even the Fuel Tank is different!

4. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
  5. Davey.Boy

Davey.Boy Member

I'm glad you've posted this project, I was looking at this a while back. The 500 Engine mounting is similar to the Aerox where it 'hangs' from the Frame, I notice hes done some pretty serious alterations to get it to fit. To be honest most tuned 2 strokes are more powerful on paper than the 300 GTS Engine I'm using.
    I'll probably end up having a few braces and fully seam weld the frame once I'm happy with everything just to be on the safe side.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    300 torque is WAY more than most ported 172's... torque kills frames :)

7. Davey.Boy

Davey.Boy Member

Are you sure? Going by the BHP/Torque figures it doesn't seem far of a standard SP 180? The engines only slightly heavier than a VX125?

8. 125TypHXR

125TypHXR Member

what happened to this project ?????????

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Come on Dave, get your finger out, get your dad to cut the engine mount and re-weld it for you, or shall i come over and sort it for you! Or cut n shut the exhuast routing. All the best Dave,looking good so far. i'll ring you soon and pop over for a tea. cheers, marsh.

10. Davey.Boy

Davey.Boy Member

Eh up Marsh, was going to call you for a catshc up over the weekend but seem to have lost your number?!?
    I've had that much going on with work and other projects (Derbi GP1 125, Vespa GT125) & the purchase of my new toy (Kawasaki ZX7R) aswell as helping the old man sort his electrical problems on his new Harley I just haven't had 5 minutes to do anything for myself.
    I have however bought a nice Evo Bodykit in Carbon Effect :confused:ick: - I know I'm still not 100%!
    Drop me a text or something?

11. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Hello mate iv just bought a gts125 to replace my vx 125 lump as it seized up, iv bolted the gts in the frame no problems what so ever other than the frame is hitting the top end ( can cover ) when I sit on the bike, was wondering if you had the same problem and how you got around it..

12. Tristram

Tristram New Member

Hello mate I’m trying to put the gts 300 in my Gilera do you no if I can run it on carbs and what carnt to use and if I can use the gilera fuel system