Gilera runner 180cc cutting out

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Reddanking, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Reddanking

Reddanking New Member

Me again with the gilera runner 180 , don't know why I'm smiling coz it's just problems..1ner on cabs past 2 days basically.

So to the sad story...I sorted the ripped fuel lines I was talking about in the other post..And now when I start the bike...Flip the manual choke up,it'll start....But after like a minute on the manual choke it cuts out

If I then start it without choke it will only run if the revs are being held up and dies within 10 second of no throttle

Any ideas ppl...Thanks once again

2. Reddanking

Reddanking New Member

Got one of these fuel filters on it, don't know if that's maybe affecting the fuel flow(if that's what it is)

Attached Files:

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    is tye filter fitted in the right direction they have a flow arrow denoting the flow the fuel needs to go if its backwards they tend to be a bit honky.

also check your vacuum lines for splits , running for a few then stalling out could be a vac line leak and the carbs just getting empty to quick due to low vacuum pressure not keeping the fuel petcock open enough ( ie low flow rate due to vac leak on a vac pipe)

pull off vac pipe thumb ove rone end and blow the other if your breath of air leaks out you have a split/hole in the line and thats causing a low vac pressue on the petcock

4. Reddanking

Reddanking New Member

Thanks for the help, I'm gonna have to give that all a check later today ....Managed to now find another small leak just under the fuel tap...Could this be the cause?

Attached Files:

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    possible i would get it sorted , any fuel leak is a hazard to rider and scooter